style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I recently received a charge notice through the post from TFL, stating that I stopped in a yellow box junction in wandsworth. I've always been aware that it's only when your wheels stop that you become liable, so I usually creep the whole box if I'm stuck in one.

From looking at the photos, there is also a TFL bus that is very much infringing as well which frustrates the hell out of me, as I'm sure the driver wont be paying a fine!

Any advice would be appreciated.

In this circumstance, there were traffic lights further ahead of the box. I got to where I was, partially (front wheels) inside the box because I misjudged the traffic and the lights turning red. I didnt enter the box for the fun of it. Thanks

In this circumstance, there were traffic lights further ahead of the box. I got to where I was, partially (front wheels) inside the box because I misjudged the traffic and the lights turning red. I didnt enter the box for the fun of it. Thanks

Do not enter the box until your exit is clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Mitchen, is this Box Junction controlled by Traffic Lights ? or is it a Road Sign and Road markings junction ? because there are different rules that apply to Box Junctions, dependent upon which type it is.

This just about sums up Box Junction Rules "You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. HOWEVER, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.

At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping."

The one other proviso is about "stopping" and stopping is only considered as coming to a complete halt......."Stationary"

As you say that you were creeping, I would definitely request the video and see if it clearly shows you as "Stationary" !! if not, then no offence has been committed.

The fact is people have ignored YBJs for years and got away with it as the Police never had the time to enforce them. Now Councils are using CCTV people are getting caught out in droves because people think they can still get away with it and a large number don't even know what they are.

He said right at the start:

"I recently received a charge notice through the post from TFL, stating that I stopped in a yellow box junction in wandsworth. I've always been aware that it's only when your wheels stop that you become liable"

So he knows why the PCN was issued. For stopping in a box junction.

Your (only) advice was to not stop in a box junction and there's a green laughing face posted in reply number 7.

Ploddertom, I can't do that as the thread has been closed, still the last comments made on there just about sum up certain peoples attitude to helping.

Anyhow, never mind that as the important thing is the OP Mitchen !

Have you managed to access the video of the alleged offence yet ? And can you confirm exactly what type of Box Junction it was ? Also, Do you know exactly what paperwork you have received in relation to the PCN ?