• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time to let it go.

But, but, they are an educational charity, and formed by a Royal Charter!

So says the OP in a post from over 30 months ago.

My educational institution is a charity incorporated by Royal Charter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419412-I-have-been-refused-to-resit-an-examination&p=4671942#post4671942

How likely is the OP to let it go?.

Should we instead expect (as part of the "these are all separate, distinct, and unlinked events, all deserving individual threads", from someone who must be either the unluckiest person alive, or contributing to their own misfortune....) to hear that this is part of a new disagreement with a new educational provider ....

(If so, I bet the provider wishes they'd checked your academic references / heard all of your academic history ......)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My new thread "Why complaint procedures have so many stages?' has entirely disappeared. Can you put it back"

In plain sight for me http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481193-Why-complaint-procedures-have-so-many-stages-(3-Viewing)-nbsp

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is the same establishment that failed to take into account your latent brilliance when not giving you a degree just because you didnt earn one is it?

No?

another one is conspiring with your previous college, past employers, prospective landlord and even retail outlets to cause you such trauma?.

Please tell us more,

we cant wait to hear all about it unless it is the same tired old moaning we have already had plenty of.

What you are asking for appears to be a change in the procedure because you didnt like the one they have and you really want a different result.

It isnt going to happen.

You answered your own whinge by stating there wasnt anyone higher to handle it.

If I were the Vice Chancellor of a university and the governing body sacked me I cant say that I demand to have the vice chancellor decide the matter because that what it says in the uni procedure. The matter has undergone due process.

As a student you have many different courses of action to make a complaint

but you appear to have either ignored these or failed to tell us that you did follow them

and then omitted to tell us the outcome because again, you didnt like that result.

So, who didnt you go through? tutor, senior tutor, course supervisor, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Head of Dept, head of school/division/faculty, college tutor/registrar, Vice Chancellor and finally the Office of the Independent Adjudicator.

Did you use the last 2 stages or just come here with your complaint knowing what the result would be and hope to get some sympathy for your supposed victimhood.

ericsbrother says

“What you are asking for appears to be a change in the procedure because you didnt like the one they have and you really want a different result. It isnt going to happen.

As a student you have many different courses of action to make a complaint

but you appear to have either ignored these or failed to tell us that you did follow them and then omitted to tell us the outcome because again, you didnt like that result

Did you use the last 2 stages or just come here with your complaint knowing what the result would be and hope to get some sympathy for your supposed victimhood”.

However I did nothing wrong. It was only that allegedly one manager has left his position and no-one was yet appointed at his post i.e. the post was vacant. The situation was that there was no level 3 because the existing level 2 was used on level 2

My educational institution should amend its complaint procedure to explain very clearly in which exceptional circumstances it can omit a stage of the complaint procedure. However it is important that as it currently stands the complaint procedure does not allow the possibility of omitting one stage of the complaint procedure. And I would like to be able to explain efficiently to my educational institution that it would not be fair that it does not comply with the three stages of its own complaint procedure

The excuse put forward by my educational institution not to provide me with three replies is that it complies with the rules because my complaint was escalated to the top of the chain faster. However this is wrong because according to the rules I am entitled to receive three responses by three independent managers and not only two responses by only two managers. The difference is important because I have new evidence that I would like to put forward in a third stage of the complaint procedure and I cannot

There is someone above the third manager but my educational institution does not want he replies to my last complaint under stage 3 because it says that he is not involved in the complaint procedure.

Before complaining to the OIA I would like to try a last time to convince my educational institution but for this I need to know how properly to say the things in an efficient way. I would like to know which strong arguments I can put forward about the importance of each stage, the importance to have the complaint procedure entirely exhausted and about the fact that if it does not comply with all the three stages the processing of my complaint will be frustrated and corrupted....etc

I know what to do. It is how to express what I want to say that I have difficulties with.

My thread is not about the strength of my case but about the procedural issue of my educational institution having skipped one of the three stages of its own complaint procedure.

It is not advice that I really need but rather to know how to say the things in an efficient way

Edited by dx100uk
font reduced in size - we are not blind nor thick do we donrt need extra large text....

Your concentrating so hard at something so small your missing the bigger picture.

You cant see the wood for the trees

Oh and I think your educational establishment can Say by a member of staff who deals with complaints have left and we have not yet filled the role would be classed as exceptional.

If you look at single atoms you miss the beauty of the universe

if you have genuine, critical new evidence raise a new complaint. But beware that if it is evidence you could reasonably have had and raised the first time around, they can refuse to hear it.

It is not advice that I really need but rather to know how to say the things in an efficient way

Then we would need to know the exact content of what you are trying to say efficiently

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It is a different thread and I would like you separate it from my other threads. The reason is that ACAS concerns employer and has nothing to do with educational institutions (I am a student and not a teacher). My thread about ACAS concerns old cases and I have moved on since.

Just noticed this.

This is the employment/ minimum wage board. So, not that useful for enquiries relating to students and courses of study. Maybe try your student union?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

your argument is that you would like three people to tell you "No" rather than two?

I am going to lay bets that the policy, whatever is is, states that the process NORMALLY (or some such word) operates on three stages.

It is exceptional that any policy doesn't have some form of conditional clause.

Just like NORMALLY disciplinary processes start at a low level and proceed to more serious ones

- but the employer can slip up to more serious stages of outcomes if they wish to.

Emmzzi is correct that you are posting in the wrong place,

but regardless of that, some really good advice is to pack it in now.

You appear to spend far too much of your time up to your ears in arguments with services and employers.

When this is a repeated feature of someone's life, it suggests that self examination will be more productive than complaints.

Emmzzi says

“if you have genuine, critical new evidence raise a new complaint. But be aware that if it is evidence you coud reasonably have had and rasied the first time around, they can refuse to hear it.”

I have already made a separate additional complaint about this new evidence because my educational institution did not want to reply to it under stage 3 because it says that the complaint procedure was already completed because stage 2 was stage 3. My educational institution has rejected this additional separate complaint because it says that it is linked to my initial complaint. Hence it does not want to reply to this new evidence at all

Emmzzi says

“Then we would need to know the exact content of what you are trying to say efficiently”

What I want to be able to explained efficiency is

“I can put forward about the importance of each stage, the importance to have the complaint procedure entirely exhausted and about the fact that if it does not comply with all the three stages the processing of my complaint will be frustrated and corrupted....etc”

Emmzzi says

“This is the employment/ minimum wage board. So, not that useful for enquiries relating to students and courses of study. Maybe try your student union?”

Emmzzi is right my new thread is about student issues and not employment issues so I would be grateful to you if you can put it back to the student issues section of this forum so that other members of this forum interested in student issue can have a look at it and maybe provide me with important responses to it

honeybee13 says

“resources, are we allowed to know what this complaint is about please?”

I will need to write a post several-page long to explain my complaint and I can be recognised which could make my life difficult. Anyway this new thread is about a procedural issue and not about the substance of my complaint i.e. my educational institution has not complied with the three stages of its complaint procedure.

honeybee13 says

“Are you sure that your educational institution is going to like you explaining why their complaint procedure is wrong and/or unfair? It might make life difficult for you.”

The complaint procedure of my educational institution is not wrong/unfair. The issue is that it simply does not comply with it

Please try your student union.

This is where their expertise lies.

I think you need to be able to discuss your exact situation in confidence;

no one here will be able to help based on generalisations like those presented.

So please do go and talk to someone at your student union for help.

Sangie595 says

“- but the employer can slip up to more serious stages of outcomes if they wish to.

Emmzzi is correct that you are posting in the wrong place,”

I would like to reply that it is not a private employer which does what he wants but a public body which has to comply with its public duty to act in the interest of the public by complying with the three stages of its complaint procedure. Moreover I have not posted in the wrong place it is someone in the forum who has moved my new thread from the student section to the employment section

Emmzzi says

“Please try your student union.

This is where their expertise lies.”

I have already talked to the Student Union which told me that the complaint procedure has three stages and not only two and that they do not have the power to force my educational institution to comply with the three stages of the complaint procedure if it does not want

Sgtbush says

“It does comply.

They say under exceptional circumstances they can drop it to 2

A member of staff leaving and not being replaced is exceptional”

However the complaint procedure does not make any reference to exceptional circumstances which allow my educational institution to drop one of the three stages of the complaint procedure.

I think that my educational institution is simply wrong and I would like to be able to make it understand

It is pretty common to have a three stage appeals procedure. Most councils have this. It is also similar to how the courts work - appeal from the county court to the High Court to the Court of Appeal to the Supreme Court.

It is also pretty usual for later stages in the appeals process to only be about the original complaint. Often you can't raise new evidence. Your evidence should have been in the original complaint and available to the initial decision makers, not introduced half way through the process.

It does not sound like you have a firm basis for making the educational institution do anything. Complaints procedures usually do not have legal force and cannot be legally enforced. You certainly can't force an educational institution to "reply" to evidence.

Either you have a legal claim or you do not - a complaints procedure doesn't change that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I was not able to put forward my new evidence during my initial complaint because it was concealed from me by my educational institution and I have to make a Freedom of Information request to have it.

It is why I think that it will be good to have my complaint processed through the three stages and not only two to have this clarified and this is the reason why my educational institution does not want.

The issue is not to force my educational institution to do anything that it does not want but to make it understand that it is in its own interest to comply with its own complaint procedure to avoid further complaint to the OIA or litigation

Couple of links:

Setting up an academies complaints procedure: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/setting-up-an-academies-complaints-procedure

School complaints procedures: guidance for schools: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-complaints-procedures

Office of the Independent Adjudicator: http://www.oiahe.org.uk/

Department for Education: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education

Education Act 2011: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/21/contents/enacted

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The issue is not to force my educational institution to do anything that it does not want but to make it understand that it is in its own interest to comply with its own complaint procedure to avoid further complaint to the OIA or litigation

The most effective way to make it realise that is for it to have to go through the OIA or litgation, so I'd get a deadlock letter or whatever they call them asap and just get on with it. They have made their position clear. no amount of epic letter writing or whining will change their mind; only action.

the complaint here seems to be (let us take an old fashioned industrial setting as an example) that the shop manager said no to somehting and he is complaining that the foremen wasnt allowed to say no first.

The factory manager also said no

so the end result will always be the same regardless of the opinion of the foreman.

He makes it clear there is no argument about the facts of the matter,

just hoping that some pettifogging will somehow allow the institution to be forced to award him his degree that he hasnt passed.

• 1 month later...

I have found in the following website

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/JCO/Documents/Guidance/A_Handbook_for_Litigants_in_Person.pdf

a document called “A_Handbook_for_Litigants_in_Person”

This seems a useful document. However in chapter 8.4 of this document I have found something strange because it is stated

“8.14 Provided you set out your case on all the facts necessary to prove your claim your pleading will pass muster. Make sure that the facts are set out in chronological order and that you do no more than summarise them. The full details of the relevant facts will be set out later in your witness statements. The old adage ‘Facts not law; Facts not evidence’ remains as true today as ever. It means that you do not have to set out the legal basis of your claim in your pleading, simply the facts that go to make up your claim. Further, you do not set out the evidence, ie the details, just the basic facts that go to make up your claim Note down the elements of your cause of action, and make sure that you are in a position to prove the facts necessary to make good each element”

We can notice the passage

“The old adage ‘Facts not law; Facts not evidence’ remains as true today as ever. It means that you do not have to set out the legal basis of your claim in your pleading, simply the facts that go to make up your claim”

Which is very strange because it says that I do not have to set out the legal basis of my claim in my pleading simply the facts that go to make up my claim. However I did like this and my claim was struck out because the judge says that it was not properly pleaded because I put forward the facts but not the law in my claim form. Therefore I would like to know if this documents which has been written by six circuit judges is accurate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks