any advice? direct debit prob with yb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened my account with yb 6 months ago, and have ran it in good order, however, a direct debit left my ac early 3 weeks ago, i phoned the company up, who apologised and reset the d/d to come out on the 1st, however it didnt and came out 3 days after the 1st early one, which has resulted in 2 unpaid referalls from yb, the company with the d/d, has said they wont cover the charges as under the d/d guarentee, its the bank that must refund. yb said that this is true of only the d/d amount, which they havent paid, so they will not refund the d/d amount or their charges, stating that the company must repay the charges! who is right, or should I just put a claim into yb for repayment of my charges, as this has now made me £70.00 overdrawn!

Hi, just an update, went to my yb branch today, where I spoke to the manager, he said that I have sighned a contract with them alowing them to deduct charges for abuse of my account, as it has to cover their own losses, time and effort, but also to serve as a deterant against account abuse!! basically what he said is they penalise their customers!! I wish I could have got that recorded!! anyway can the bank use this in thier defence at court? this man said that this is what they do and the courts side with them due to this contractual arangment.

I wouldn't listen to what he says about the courts siding with them. Firstly he's talking rubbish and secondly they've never attempted to defend these in court anyway. It seems to me he's trying to scare you off and that you'd be best ignoring him and going for it..........

Hugh

I would write a letter to the manager at the branch you went to (explaining what happened). Something along the lines of:

I would be happy to pay your charges, however paying a direct debit early is unacceptable. I understand sometimes 2 to 3 days LATER (bank holidays and weekends etc), but to pay it early without consulting me is shocking.

Your response so far has been unbelievable and I will give you a further 7 days to reflect on your decision. After that I will send you a letter before action and then court action (blah blah blah).

Also include that you find the initial response intimidating in that it puts you off complaining.

Obviously word it better and check the templates for help, but thats what I'd do...

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here