Littlewoods / Shop Direct PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Littlewoods catalogue account in which was paid up and closed in June 2009.

I sent the normal Credit Agreement request etc with enclosed statutory payment of £1.

Today I have received a reply from Shop Direct / Littlewoods with returned cheque and stating as the account is closed, we are not obliged to send you a copy of the executed agreement or confirm if any payment protection details.

However they do state that under Data Protection Act 1998, I am entitled to request copies of all personal data etc if I provide a statutory payment of £10.

Has anyone experienced the same ? Are they acting lawfully by not addressing my original request ?

The CCA request is normally when you are disputing the account with a DCA, asking them to prove that they have any right to be demanding money from you.

If you wish to reclaim PPI then you should do a SAR to the OC and they'll then send all the account info they have on file so you can read through and see if PPI even applied.

Shop Direct converted some delinquent accounts to loans, where PPI was added. Until you do a SAR you'll not really know, unless you still have the original documents that is.

• Confused 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

The CCA request is normally when you are disputing the account with a DCA, asking them to prove that they have any right to be demanding money from you.

If you wish to reclaim PPI then you should do a SAR to the OC and they'll then send all the account info they have on file so you can read through and see if PPI even applied.

Shop Direct converted some delinquent accounts to loans, where PPI was added. Until you do a SAR you'll not really know, unless you still have the original documents that is.

OK many thanks and presume any signed agreements will be supplied with SAR request ?

It will be whatever they have on file. Some of these companies are claiming that they do not hold documents over a certain time limit, so you'll have to pay up front and see what comes back,. If they can't send anything then I'd expect a refund, but they don't have to.

More is explained if you click on the highlighted SAR link ;-)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

It will be whatever they have on file. Some of these companies are claiming that they do not hold documents over a certain time limit, so you'll have to pay up front and see what comes back,. If they can't send anything then I'd expect a refund, but they don't have to.

More is explained if you click on the highlighted SAR link ;-)

Yes as I have found out previously with others but didn't get a refund . Oh well in for a penny in for a pound and many thanks again.

• 8 months later...