Caught "shoplifting" in Tesco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Have you heard from RLP yet ?

hello...update...i received a letter on 28th march saying i had to pay £89.20 "due to my actions" and today i have received another basically saying that they know ive been on an internet forum and stated that it was a mistake and in light of this info being classed as a defense,they have advised their client to drop the case and wish me to ignore the first letter...im happy with this because it was a genuine mistake in the first place,but i must admit im a bit freaked out that they know it was me on here? Can anybody shed any light on how they came to know this?

They trawl this and other sites constantly, and as you specifically mentioned the goods involved it probably wasn't that difficult for them to put two and two together. There's no CIA stuff going on here ;) yet!!! :peep:

Love how she used the word defence as if she has any kind of standing in the legal system.

Silly 'woman'.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Love how she used the word defence as if she has any kind of standing in the legal system.

Silly 'woman'.

hi renegadeimp and everyone else who replied ...yes the letter does actually say it is classed as a defense so they have advised Tesco to drop the matter...can't believe that they actually look through these kinds of forums! Is that really how they find out who's who!? Sort of makes me feel like were being spied on and makes me more aware of what i actually post online! I did worry that they had somehow got access to my personal info that i used when signing up,relieved to hear actually that this isn't the case

i would really like to thank everyone who took time to reply and help during this ordeal

will that actually be the last i hear from it now do you think?

Sort of makes me feel like were being spied on and makes me more aware of what i actually post online!

In which case, the whole ordeal has actually been for the best. An internet connection to your home can- and at some point probably will- do you far more damage and loss than RLP ever could in their wildest dreams!

Rlp havent advised tesco to do anything. Tesco most likely didbt even know rlp were harassing you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well done to you. :whoo:

The problem with forums (fora?) is that anyone can look and I am sure RLP spend half their day looking here with gnashing teeth at the potential loss to them.:whoo:

Even though we ask everyone to be as anonymous as possible, RLP can put two and two together but most times they get 5 and on occasion get it right.

As for the letter. that is Bovine Excrement of the highest order. RLP don't advise their client. They drop it with no contact with Tesco.

Leep it safe though as it admits they are not following through.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

For a theft conviction to work, they would have to show intent. I must admit, I think this is the first time that I have seen "a mistake" being a reason for RLP to stop. Perhaps Tesco also look at this site & don't like to see evidence of innocent people being chased in their name?

Nah 2grumpy. As far as we know, Tesco have nothing to do with RLP when they chase someone. RLP simply use the name as if they are acting in some sort of official capacity, when in reality they have pretty much no contact with Tesco apart from giving them a very small percentage of any money paid to them.

Nah 2grumpy. As far as we know, Tesco have nothing to do with RLP when they chase someone. RLP simply use the name as if they are acting in some sort of official capacity, when in reality they have pretty much no contact with Tesco apart from giving them a very small percentage of any money paid to them.

Agreed - but something made RLP turn round pretty quickly in this instance. I don't think that RLP has stopped the chase in similar circumstances before. So maybe someone gave them a little help with a reality check?

Lets hope so :)