carers allowance

shamrockglen2000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi wonder if someone can help my daughter finishes college on may this year ,her last bursary payment is on the 7th of may,she will be applying for carers allowance to look after me ,when will she be entitled to claim for me it asks on form what date does she want to claim from,she doesn't know what date to put on form as her last payment is 7th may,also she does not get her results till the end of may or early june .thanks

Hi shamrockglen2000

Has she been currently caring for you whilst at college or living away?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Excellent ....If she is entitled to Carer's Allowance before she actually claimed and can show that she met all the qualifying conditions, Carer's Allowance will be backdated for up to three months.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

with her student loan and bursary she is getting £175 a week just now but her last payment is on the 7th may does she put in a claim for carers allowance from the 7th of may

Edited by shamrockglen2000
error

She is allowed £100.PW on top of the carers allowance anyway ..with the £75 being over that could be claimed as travelling expenses possibly ?

She is allowed £100.PW on top of the carers allowance anyway ..with the £75 being over that could be claimed as travelling expenses possibly ?

Full time students cannot claim carer's allowance.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Full time students cannot claim carer's allowance.

Well she wont be after May

" my daughter finishes college on may this year "

:shamrockglen2000:

'...... what dates her last payment covers ......'

The official final day of her course, or the last day of the summer term.

If she plans to look for work she can earn up to £100 per week, after deductions, without it affecting carers allowance. If not she may be entitled to a top up of income support.

Margaret.

Well she wont be after May

" my daughter finishes college on may this year "

Yes, but she can't claim for any period before she finishes college. I (probably mis-) read your posts as implying she could claim now, hence the relevance of her current income.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.