dwp attachment of earnings

linemonkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted my advice as to the law and regulation,

and court action is timed out now anyway as the

DWP has not previously bothered to take any action.

I certainly do not condone any such, but it is not

for me to judge how the OP uses the advice given.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Your not wrong in what you've said Brig, the limitations act would normally apply unless it has been deemed as fraud, then it would become a criminal matter and the limitations act would not apply.

Hope that clears it up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Having just dealt with a similar where

court action in a magistrates court was

underway, the defendant admitted that

fraud had taken place in the recent past,

however the government department concerned

said that similar charges that had laid on file for

6 years plus were out of time and were dropped.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have been dealing with exactly the same situation on behalf of my (now) wife

about 5-6 yrs ago she received (in her maiden name) a demand from Iqor, to this I sent a simple "prove it" letter, then she received another informing her that the amount was still outstanding and that she had ignored their "numerous" letters - they had sent her 1. Another more strongly worded "prove it" letter was sent.

Then she got a demand from DWP, so another "prove it" letter was sent to them, then Encasso, a firm of "solicitors" contacted her, a rebuttal was sent to them.

Since then, there have been various other companies, claiming that they will take her to court and bring the world crashing down around her ears - all of them in her maiden name. she even received a letter thanking her for making a £5 payment, which she didn't make, but they would hope will restart the SB clock

They know nothing, they are nothing and they should be paid ....erm nothing :)

They haven't got the sense to see that providing someone with simple proof of their liability would be far more effective than sending countless empty demands. They really are at the bottom of the food chain, picking up the scraps in the hope of scaring the innocent and unaware.

• 2 years later...

Hi, Hope someone can help me.

I have received a letter from dwp informing me that they have contacted my employers requesting that they deduct payments from my salary

relating to a debt that I have no knowledge of ammounting to nearly £4000.

I rang the dwp today and they say the debt relates to overpayments of benefits in 1996.

I explained that I have no knowledge of such debt and that they need to provide proof of the debt

or some sort of acknowledgement from me of owing this debt.

they told me I had spoken to them in 2011 and had refused to recieve proof, which is ludicrous.

why would I refuse ?.

I told them that I emailed the relevent dept asking for proof and had recieved nothing.

They said that they dont have an email system of which to appeal.

Is there anything I can do to stop them taking money from my wages until they can prove I owe it?

My employers say that they have to abide by their request and that the dwp do not need a judgement from a civil court to instigate the attachment.

This has got to be wrong.

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, Hope someone can help me.

ihave recieved a letter from dwp informing me that they have contacted my employers requesting that they deduct payments from my salary relating to a debt that I have no knowledge of ammounting to nearly £4000.

I rang the dwp today and they say the debt relates to overpayments of benefits in 1996.I explained that I have no knowledge of such debt and that they need to provide proof of the debt or some sort of acknowledgement from me of owing this debt.they told me I had spoken to them in 2011 and had refused to recieve proof, which is ludicrous.

why would I refuse ?.I told them that I emailed the relevent dept asking for proof and had recieved nothing.They said that they dont have an email system of which to appeal.

Is there anything I can do to stop them taking money from my wages until they can prove I owe it?

My employers say that they have to abide by there request and that the dwp do not need a judgement from a civil court to instigate the attachment. This has got to be wrong.PLEASE HELP!!

Reading a previous post of your from 2011 !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296120-unpaid-debt-letter-from-dept-work-and-pensions-HELP-HELP-HELP!!!

BRIGADIER2JCS asked you back then "Did you do the SAR"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296120-unpaid-debt-letter-from-dept-work-and-pensions-HELP-HELP-HELP!!!&p=3560390&viewfull=1#post3560390

Hi Ive just recieved a letter from works and pensions dept chasing me for a debt of £3900.00 apparently owed by me from 1995 for overpayments of income support and a couple of social loans i vaguely remember.They also stated 2001 for sickness benefit i also know nothing about. I qouted the 6 year rule and they said it did not apply to them and if it wasn,t paid they would contact a collection agency to persue it.I said "take me to court and prove i owe it". I did visit there office years ago and admitted i had not informed them i had started work 3-4 months previous and they said i,d have to pay it back,but it was nowhere near £3900.00.Since then ive not been out of work even in 2001 when they say i was overpaid sickness benefit.They have been very vague with their information and have said they will send me their files. If i do owe them money ,what powers do they have for recovery?? What shall i do next?? P.S i have posted this on new posts but new to site so dont know if ive posted correctly sorry.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?191895-Dept-of-Work-amp-Pensions-STATUTE-BARRED&p=3314544&viewfull=1#post3314544

1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

hi again, thanks forvyour comments,

All I am trying to establish is for them to prove I owe them money and how much.

As I explained I heard nothijg from them for 15 years to 2011 and then nothihg again since then ujtil now.theyvsay they havevsent me letters but I have not moved so where did the letters go to, certainly not to me.Surely they cannot start deductions from my employer without proof of the ammount which they do not seem to have.Also they have deprived me of the right to appeal by not contacting me.Why did they leave it for nearly 20 years in total. Where do I go from here if they dont send me proof of the debt.?.Any help would be gratefully recieved.

There is as said no time limit on these Government debts.

What data have you received from the DWP so far?

You really do need to make a formal complaint to them, start the process and escalate it up to tribunal level.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi again, thanks forvyour comments,

All I am trying to establish is for them to prove I owe them money and how much.

As I explained I heard nothijg from them for 15 years to 2011 and then nothihg again since then ujtil now.theyvsay they havevsent me letters but I have not moved so where did the letters go to, certainly not to me.Surely they cannot start deductions from my employer without proof of the ammount which they do not seem to have.Also they have deprived me of the right to appeal by not contacting me.Why did they leave it for nearly 20 years in total. Where do I go from here if they dont send me proof of the debt.?.Any help would be gratefully recieved.

You already posted about this yesterday here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419873-dwp-attachment-of-earnings-Help-Help-help!

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 1 year later...

Please, tell us the sequence of events and the outcome. The information may be of great help to someone else in the same (or similar) situation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 1 month later...