Vodafone cancelled contract in Jan 2013 been chasing for 4 weeks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a mobile dongle i picked up in 2008. It was sat around not getting used so in Jan 2013 i contacted vodafone and cancelled it.

I kept all communications and even taped the sim card to the email confirming cancellation.

I deleted the direct debit in October 2013.

I found out in Jan / Feb 2014 while trying to apply for a mortgage because we are moving home that they have recorded missed payments on my credit file and even though they have admitted they are wrong vodafone still have not removed them.

Jan 2014 i received letters from a collections agency which i contacted and said it had been cancelled.

They asked for copies of the communications which i sent over they then spoke to vodafone and they were told not to pursue the case.

I then contacted vodafone and they said they had no record of the cancellation and to go to the local store.

I took all the paperwork down to the local store and they also agreed yes i had cancelled it in jan 2013 but it was still active in Feb 2014 so they cancelled it there and then.

The local store said i was due for a refund and they would chase it all up and be back to me within the week. That was a couple of weeks ago.

I have contacted customer support several times and have sent them copies of the emails never to have a response back.

I have revisited the local store and seen the same person who was dealing with it she asked for an update from further up the vodafone tree and received an email back that she should have a response in 7 - 14 days. (This was a week after i first went in)

I have called up many departments and at one point i was assured that the Quality Assurance Team had it in have and it would be resolved within a couple of days.

I then rang back up yesterday for an update and was told it could be 7 - 14 days.

This is really getting to us now. we have been turned down for our mortgage because of an issue that Vodafone admitted was their fault in Jan 2014. We are at risk of loosing the house we were due to move to and trying to get someone to get off their bottom to sort it is like pushing an elephant up a hill.

Hi There

Lee the Vodafone Rep onboard here at CAG will be along shortly.

He is very good and solved many a problem for myself... I pay LOTS of money to Vodafone ^_^

Hold back and it should be fine.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Phil and welcome to CAG :-)

To get Lee on board please use the following method

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Please note that there are no spaces in the e-mail address quoted. Our forum pops a space in to help prevent spam.

When you have done the above you will receive an automated reply with a reference number. Please post that reference number on this thread so that Lee can track it.

Thanks

Hi Philbellwood78,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

As suggested by fkofilee and ims, could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi.

How many more times will Vodafone get this so wrong! I have seen this a few times and where something as simple as cancelling has not been actioned fully. In all the time I have been a member on CAG, I have never seen a full explanation.

If you suffer any financial loss because of this matter, VF could be held liable

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE