• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With FIVE THOUSAND AND EIGHTY-SIX OFFICAL complaints to ombudsman in just six months, how many actual complaints does Lloyds Bank PLC get?

I have irrefutable evidence of deliberate and systematic abuse of a disabled person by staff at Hanover Street Edinburgh over a concentrated period.

They admitted loads of mis-selling and refunded all premiums and gave compensation but, when it came to unauthorised overdrafts and three huge loans, they say this person with learning difficulties knew what he was signing.

I have held three demonstrations outside the bank and am going to be forced to be there EVERY DAY.

Further, BBC, STV and the press may be informed soon to blow this immoral company out of the water.

You are messing with the wrong wrinkly Lloyds/TSB!

Kindly don't bother "Clearing up" my posts.

What more would you like to know?

A disabled person was deliberately and systematically targeted by staff at Hanover Street branch.

They mis-sold multiple "services" including house, contents, life, health insurances,

despite the fact (because of his physical disabilities) he had a loading of 70% )SEVENTY).

Then they gave him overdraft facilities although they had advised me years earlier on production of a legal document giving me control over all his financial transactions, there would be NO possibility of him going into overdraft.

Then they gave him a loan of £1,000.

Then they gave him a loan of £3,500 to pay off the original loan.

Then they gave him a loan of £7,500.99 to pay off the other loans.

It was then I accidentally discovered the abuse and went into branch.

I discussed the issue at length with a female member of staff.

It was subsequently stated they could not discuss his affairs with me

because there was (at the time) no POA.

So, on the occasions they did discuss, they were in contravention of data protection laws!

They immediately admitted the abuse and refunded all premiums and awarded token compensation.

The overdrafts and loans were too big to dismiss so they claimed he responsible for them!

These immoral cretins WILL be held accountable.

old thread from 2014 on the same subject merged here for ref.

so how did you get on in 2014

did ever follow the advise given then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Member of Parliament unable to achieve anything.

Financial Ombudsman appears not to be interested.

I did write to CEO.

I also sent hundreds of emails to CEO and other officials.

No legitimate responses although I obtained read receipts by another means

so there is additional evidence of their normal habit.

I discovered through contacts from other victims of Lloyds/TSB

they frequently just ignore all communications and many simply eventually just give up.

They initially used the excuse they could not discuss the issue with me

because I did not have a POA.

I was forced to obtain one.

I don't know what excuse they are using now.

In the many emails (and letters) I have warned them I will blow the story wide open if necessary.

They do not seem concerned that BBC and STV would be fascinated to review all the evidence

including recorded calls and video evidence.

They never pursued for the money they claim is owed because they know they would not succeed.

I was prepared to let the situation lie

but discovered they lodged adverse credit reports although warned not to do so.

An idiot member of staff, ignored an agreement that I was the only party

with whom they must communicate by writing directly to my son.

Now my son is, once again, asking me about five times a day if he will go to prison and no longer trusts me.

(I told him he would hear no more about the case.)

Due to their stupidity, I raised a new claim for token compensation of £15,001.

They have not even acknowledged this.

Edited by dx100uk
please do not post staff names - dx

I also sent hundreds of emails to CEO and other officials.

In the many emails (and letters) I have warned them I will blow the story wide open if necessary.

They do not seem concerned that BBC and STV would be fascinated to review all the evidence

including recorded calls and video evidence.

Due to their stupidity, I raised a new claim for token compensation of £15,001.

They have not even acknowledged this.

Perhaps with hundreds of emails, and 2+ years, they feel they have heard it all before?

Perhaps they figure you would have gone to the TV channels by now, or they were waiting for you to threaten this, what with you going to your MP 2+ years ago, too.

How is £15,001 a "token" sum?. How are you quantifying your loss?.

That would put it into the fast track of the County Court if you issue proceedings : how will you mitigate the risk of being found liable for costs?

Fresh problems from .

Token compensation for harassing my son and breaking agreement to deal solely with me.

I do not wish to bring my son into public focus unless absolutely necessary. They look as though they are going to force my hand.

I cannot believe they are so stupid because they know the evidence is irrefutable.

Edited by dx100uk
please do not post staff names - dx

Fresh problems from .

Token compensation for harassing my son and breaking agreement to deal solely with me.

I do not wish to bring my son into public focus unless absolutely necessary. They look as though they are going to force my hand.

I cannot believe they are so stupid because they know the evidence is irrefutable.

Which still leaves the unanswered questions ....

How is £15,001 a "token" sum?.

How are you quantifying your loss?.

That would put it into the fast track of the County Court if you issue proceedings : how will you mitigate the risk of being found liable for costs?

The last mis-sold item was a loan of £7,500.99. I doubled

£15,001 is NOTHING compared to the stress endured. My son's entire personality changed. They mis-sold items in excess of £12,500. They last loan they mis-sold was £7500.99. I doubled the main sum and added the £1 to show how I despised their addition of .99p to such a loan.

County court has not yet been considered. I suppose I still can't accept their stupidity and stubbormness.

The last mis-sold item was a loan of £7,500.99. I doubled

£15,001 is NOTHING compared to the stress endured. My son's entire personality changed. They mis-sold items in excess of £12,500. They last loan they mis-sold was £7500.99. I doubled the main sum and added the £1 to show how I despised their addition of .99p to such a loan.

County court has not yet been considered. I suppose I still can't accept their stupidity and stubbormness.

So, you've "pulled figures out of the air".

With "hundreds of emails" already, and now a claim for a sum "pulled out of the air", expect them to either:

a) ignore, pending an actual letter before action, or

b) send a one line letter of denial.

What were you expecting, and what was your plan other than court (or sending more emails, or trying to get someone else other than their CEO or your MP interested). With hundreds of emails, what are the odds they have flagged your name / e-mail address such that all communications from you go to a central office that deals with persistant complainers (mostly by ignoring them if it is a re-hash of the previous complaints.......)?

TFC

NO Disrespect but i think you need to stop right now and reanalyse how an earth you are going to get this sorted...

There is a way to go about doing this but your current way is unacceptable. You are taking this far to personally at this point and I can feel the hatred for this particular lloyds branch oozing from your pores.

Forget Facebook. Forget trying to make this particular branch guilty. If you want help then we can help as best we can, but if you continue in the way you are going we will be unable to further assist and the thread will be shut down.

Please make a decision

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Well we need to know what we are going on here...

Where are you at with your complaining to them?

This is my final post on the matter. If you dont cooperate with the forum and continue on how you are then I will close the thread.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I do not understand what you mean by saying I need to "cooperate".

I have made the position crystal clear. I am trying to gain justice for immoral acts perpetrated upon a disabled person. I have irrefutable proof.

The current position is, Lloyds/TSB will not respond to any communications.

My M.P. tried to assist to no avail and the F.O. appears to be as corrupt as others have discovered.

I believe the only course open to me now is to expose the story through television and press.

I am open to any sensible advice but have not received any thus far. The only comments are personally aimed at my lack of ability to express myself adequately.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks