Jump to content

Wage Day Advance/Debt & Revenue Services DCA advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I stupidly took a loan with WDA in Nov 13 for £194.25. However, with Christmas and other problems, I did not make repayments. However, I have tried and tried to log into my account with them to renegotiate however I could never do so and was always redirected to change my password which I then did and then never worked. I emailed on the 15/11, the 18/11, 23/11 with no reply. I emailed again 30/12 no reply. I emailed again on 2/1/2014 telling them that I am unable to set up my account and have asked for help and have not had a reply. I asked someone to EMAIL me to set up a repayment plan of £25 per month. I didnt receive a reply until 11/1 saying I had to phone a set number. I immediately replied asking why this could be done via email. Again no reply.


On 27/1 I emailed again saying why cant someone deal with this, rather than being told I need to ring up. Again I specifically said I cannot log into my account at all and offering (an increased) amount of £100 per month. The same day I received an email back:

"Final Notice Before Action: We sent you several emails providing you witht he opportunity to contact us and make a suitable arrangement for the repayment of your loan yet the debt still remains outstanding. Blah Blah Blah"


Needless to say, they didnt reply to my email and lo and behold on 27/3 they emailed to say my account is now being handled by Debt Revenue Services who are acting on their behalf. oh good I thought, now we can sorted.


I received a letter from DRS in the week (dated 5th march) advising that the balance due is now £309.05. My options,. they advised were:

1. Pay full amount of £309.05 within 21 days (Please note that a holding payment (amount negotiable) will be required now in order for us to hold action pending payment.

2. Pay a reduced sum of £231.79 in Full and Final Settlement if you are able to pay within 10 days.

3. Pay the balance in 3 monthly payments of £103.02.


Great, I thought if they are prepared to offer a lower amount (actually still more than the original amount I took out) then surely they will let me do it if I offer to clear in instalments over the next 6 weeks they surely would? So I offered £31.79 to be paid on the 14/3, then £100 on the 25/3 and £100 on 25/4. Immediately I got an email back saying "I can hold the settlement till the 31st March only sorry?" (lovely grammar). I replied then that surely she could go back to WDA if the proposal cannot be accepted? The letter stated the offer was only if I could pay within 10 days which as the letter was dated 5th march would mean payment being sent by the 15th march. She had stated that she would extend it to the 31st March so surely she could do it for a few more weeks? My immediate replay was ""I am sorry but that would be the most I could spread it to."


So what do I do? Im fed up with WDA but surely this DRS should accept my proposal as its better than getting £10 a month?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore the DCA. THey have zero rights. Start pushing WDA. They are a total pain to deal with but persist and they will give in.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my complaint to them. Would this be ok please?

Dear Sir/Madam,




I write with reference to my account which I understand has been transferred to Debt and Revenue Services debt Collection Agents. At the time of taking out my account the amount was £194.25. This debt has now increased to £309.05. However in a letter received by D&RS I note they are willing to accept £231.79.


My issue is that I have endeavoured to contact yourselves since November. I experienced problem after problem trying to set up log in details with my passwords not been recognised. On the18th November*I emailed to ask if it were possible to defer my repayment due to my finding £600 for student fees. This was agreed to by email and deferral approved the same day.


On 23/12*I received an email stating the balance was now £254.57.


On the*30th December**I tried to log on to my account and could not - 5 emails registering passwords that did not work were received. I emailed asking to negotiate a repayment. I also asked for the Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled due to my mortgage and bill direct debits being returned. I received a reply from yourselves agreeing to cancel the CPA BUT no mention of negotiating a repayment plan.


On 8/1/14 I emailed AGAIN asking to negotiate a repayment plan. A reply saying the CPA had been cancelled was received stating I needed to ring yourselves to agree a plan.


10/1/14 email received stating overdue account.


11/1/14 I replied asking again WHY can this not be done via email? The same day a reply was received stating I need to ring.


14/1/14 I emailed stating due to my working hours it is not possible to call. I again OFFERED £50 per month repayment. Again the only reply received was your office opening hours for me to call.


On the 27/1/14 I even increased my offer in an effort to resolve this. I explained AGAIN I could still not log on to my account , that I need to communicate via email and offered to repay £100 per month wef 25/2. In reply I received a Final Notice before Account Transferred. At this point I starting seeking legal advice.


On 27/2 I note the balance is now £309.05 and I received an email saying the balance had been transferred to DRS.*


On 8 March I received a letter from DRS stating that they are now acting for you. They have me 3 options: pay £309.05 within 21 days. Pay £232.79 in full and final settlement in 10 days. Pay 3 monthly payments of £103.02.


Since the £232.79 seems more reasonable due to the original amount of the loan, I offered to pay £31.79*on 14/3/14, then £100*on 25/3/14*then £100*on 25/4/14. Immediately I received an email saying "I can hold the settlement till the*31st March*only sorry." So I queried that if the letter, dated 5/3/14 said I had to pay in 10 days that would mean by the*15th March*and yet they had offered to extend*until 31st March. Surely therefore they could extend a few weeks longer? My reply was "I am sorry but that would be the most I could spread it to."


So this seems ludicrous that you would rather receive payments of £10 per month than agree to what my legal team have said is a more than reasonable offer. *


I am now forwarding this complaint to the FOS and relative associates (OFT and Trading and Standards). You have not tried to assist me in any way since December 2013. You agreed to defer my loan by email but could seemingly do nothing else to help me. I have made offers of repayment several times but you have not responded to them.*


Until you come to a reasonable compromise over this I see no point in wasting MY time and what little money I have left over in asking for help when it is not forthcoming.


A court of law would come to the same conclusion should this be progressed that far. So in summary my offer is:


£31.79*on 14/3/14

£50*on 25/3/14

£50*on 25/4/14

£50*on 25/5/14

£50*on 25/6/14

With no further interest or charges to be added and written confirmation from yourselves that this is in FULL and FINAL SETTLEMENT of the account.


Yours faithfully




Sent from my iPhone

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

What an absolute nightmare. Can i ask your current position? I also have debt with them, since January ive just been rolling forward my loan until i can find a spare £116 but apparently the FCA guildlines to PDL companies state they should allow no more than 2 rollovers so not really sure whats going to happen at the end of this month.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...