Can I Ring The DWP for my medical desision.

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can if you wish, but from what been posted on CAG most people prefer to wait until they get a letter !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

i would wait for the letter....

You are right - just I cannot settle my medical is/was due Atos said it is fully up to the DWP whether I get called for another one and when, as things (as we know) are all running a little behind schedule.

i had my letter from atos saying they had returned my file to the dwp....and it was about 2 wks I think when I got the decision letter...varies I guess in different areas. some ring and get told one thing then get a letter saying something else, is why I say wait for the letter. I know how stressful it is and I hope you hear soon.

:Lilly_Monroe:

'...... a little behind schedule.' Well, that one way of putting it. :lol:

It may help you to know that you can't be found fit for work without being offered a face to face assessment.

Jobcentreplus aren't doing any better than Atos at clearing the backlog. But if you want to check whether there's a decision yet, you can phone Jobcentreplus. Use the phone number on your last award letter. Don't act on anything they may say until you've written confirmation.

Margaret.

'...... a little behind schedule.' Well, that one way of putting it. :lol:

It may help you to know that you can't be found fit for work without being offered a face to face assessment.

Jobcentreplus aren't doing any better than Atos at clearing the backlog. But if you want to check whether there's a decision yet, you can phone Jobcentreplus. Use the phone number on your last award letter. Don't act on anything they may say until you've written confirmation.

Margaret.

Thanks Margaret

I was feeling kindly when I wrote (behind schedule) :)

I think I will wait, that feeling of bravery has deserted me at least with the letter I can peak inside slowly ever so slowly.

Just have to accept it will come when it comes.

Are you saying you didn't receive an award letter for employment n support with the work related activity component? :roll: If you've had a recent letter with details of the annual uprating of benefits, should you need it, the correct phone number to enquire about all things ESA related will be on that.

Margaret.

Are you saying you didn't receive an award letter for employment n support with the work related activity component? :roll: If you've had a recent letter with details of the annual uprating of benefits, should you need it, the correct phone number to enquire about all things ESA related will be on that.

Margaret.

I had the letter with the rise details - I was blown away by the generosity of the amount.

I have never ever had an award letter on ESA.

Snap!!!

I was put into the support group last August and all I got was the standard statement letter with the breakdown of how your benefits are made up. It was here, on page 3, that a solitary line amongst a forest of many said, because you are in the support group you will get...

I assume everyone has had to fill the ESA 50 form twice, once for the DWP and once for Atos about a year after the first? When I got my second form the letter with it was pretty much like the one with the first, so I assumed an error had occurred (quite possible with Atos) so I wrote on it in big red letters, "I'm already on ESA!!!" and sent it back. When I had my medical this is what the doctor had, this blank form.

I was put into the support group last August and all I got was the standard statement letter with the breakdown of how your benefits are made up. It was here, on page 3, that a solitary line amongst a forest of many said, because you are in the support group you will get...

That's your award letter. It's generated by computer, using a program apparently developed by a functional illiterate.

I assume everyone has had to fill the ESA 50 form twice, once for the DWP and once for Atos about a year after the first? When I got my second form the letter with it was pretty much like the one with the first, so I assumed an error had occurred (quite possible with Atos) so I wrote on it in big red letters, "I'm already on ESA!!!" and sent it back. When I had my medical this is what the doctor had, this blank form.

This isn't how it works - the ESA50 form is issued by the DWP, sent to Atos so that their examiner has it available for the WCA, then returned to the DWP along with the Atos report, known as ESA85.

When you get another one a year (or however long) later, this means that your ESA is being reviewed. Returning it uncompleted isn't wise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Snap!!!

I am surprised you got called for a medical if you did not fill out the form.

This isn't how it works - the ESA50 form is issued by the DWP, sent to Atos so that their examiner has it available for the WCA, then returned to the DWP along with the Atos report, known as ESA85.

When you get another one a year (or however long) later, this means that your ESA is being reviewed. Returning it uncompleted isn't wise.

I have never re-filled a DWP form before in my life (definitely not so soon), and as I said the letter with it said nothing about this being a reassessment.

When I went for the interview to be put on the work programme and I told the guy this, he looked at my file and said it shouldn't have been issued yet; it was too early.

WCA - work capacity assessment??? Who does this and where is this done? I don't think I've ever had one under ESA.

I am also a little confused about what the ESA85 role is. Is this Atos' recommendations to the DWP?

If I put on the ESA50 form "No change, use the last form" will that do?

I am surprised you got called for a medical if you did not fill out the form.

That's a long story. I was put on the work programme to a place I couldn't get to. I contacted my MP about this and she sent my email to her to the JCP for comment. In the meantime I had to fight with the local WP to get things put on hold. The response letter from the JCP just logged the machinations to date which included a comment that I had not returned the second ESA50 which I had but not filled in. Said nothing about what I had written about.

On this letter was an address to a guy called Noel Shanahan, director general...and I wrote him a 5 page letter outlining my illness. On the strength of this I was put into the Support Group. Then later on the medical took place. This is the very short version. Last year was one long fight with [problem] the DWP...

I have never re-filled a DWP form before in my life (definitely not so soon), and as I said the letter with it said nothing about this being a reassessment.

ESA claimants are reassessed as a matter of routine*. The letter you get may not specifically state that it's a reassessment, but nonetheless, that's what it is.

When I went for the interview to be put on the work programme and I told the guy this, he looked at my file and said it shouldn't have been issued yet; it was too early.

In principle, you can be reassessed any time from three months after your last assessment. In practice, it usually takes longer than that. There may be a recommendation on the system as to when your next assessment should take place, but it is only a recommendation.

WCA - work capacity assessment??? Who does this and where is this done? I don't think I've ever had one under ESA.

Yes, Work Capability Assessment and you have had one done, even if you're not aware of it. For most people, the WCA process involves the ESA50 form, a face to face assessment ("medical") at an Atos office, and then a decision by a DWP Decision Maker. In some cases, especially those transferring from Incapacity Benefit, ESA is awarded without the need for the medical. That would seem to be what's happened in your case, but that's unusual.

I am also a little confused about what the ESA85 role is. Is this Atos' recommendations to the DWP?

Eh, yeah, more or less. The ESA85 is the report produced by the examiner at an Atos medical. It is sent to the DWP DM who makes an actual decision on ESA entitlement.

If I put on the ESA50 form "No change, use the last form" will that do?

No. I mean, you might get away with it, but I can't recommend that as good general advice. You seem to have been lucky once - don't assume that luck will continue.

*Actually, it seems that routine reassessment by Atos are not happening right now because of contractual disputes between Atos and the Government. Whatever is going on, it's not safe to assume this situation will persist indefinitely.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

ESA claimants are reassessed as a matter of routine*. The letter you get may not specifically state that it's a reassessment, but nonetheless, that's what it is.

In principle, you can be reassessed any time from three months after your last assessment. In practice, it usually takes longer than that. There may be a recommendation on the system as to when your next assessment should take place, but it is only a recommendation.

Yes, Work Capability Assessment and you have had one done, even if you're not aware of it. For most people, the WCA process involves the ESA50 form, a face to face assessment ("medical") at an Atos office, and then a decision by a DWP Decision Maker. In some cases, especially those transferring from Incapacity Benefit, ESA is awarded without the need for the medical. That would seem to be what's happened in your case, but that's unusual.

Eh, yeah, more or less. The ESA85 is the report produced by the examiner at an Atos medical. It is sent to the DWP DM who makes an actual decision on ESA entitlement.

No. I mean, you might get away with it, but I can't recommend that as good general advice. You seem to have been lucky once - don't assume that luck will continue.

*Actually, it seems that routine reassessment by Atos are not happening right now because of contractual disputes between Atos and the Government. Whatever is going on, it's not safe to assume this situation will persist indefinitely.

A nice useful post, thanks.

"In some cases, especially those transferring from Incapacity Benefit, ESA is awarded without the need for the medical." - Actually Income Support. A letter I got when complaining to the JCP outlined the chronology of my ESA claim and said I had achieved the points required (is it 13?).

With regards the filling out of future ESA50 forms the first section about physical abilities etc doesn't really apply to me as am down with chronic depression but have clinical depression (this does affect me physically with things like fatigue and endurance and so on). Do I really need to fill this section out if I put a note covering this?

The other thing with this is that I wrote a 5 page letter to some top bod at the DWP that got me into the support group. Can I not just attach this to the form with perhaps some additional hand written notes on the form (I realise there are other parts that will need dealing with but just as a general thing)?