Npower Electric Meter wrong Massive Overpayment Can I Get Compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is quite a story Think it best if I do it in bullet points Sorry for the long post...

Been supplied with Electric by Npower since 05/07/.08

Always paid up on Direct Debit

Always had large bill

Sept 2013 Bill was so huge they wanted a monthly duel fuel sum of £274

Sept 2013 Asked if Meter was wrong the y said very unlikely

Oct 2013 spoke to energy Advisor and kept daily records of consumption using more at night than daytime!!

They kept saying that cost £90 to do a meter check (trying to dissuade me) but decide to go ahead.

Guy comes twice to install a check meter but cant due to a black circuit breaker.

Meter is housed in box outside and in January 2014 display disappears.

On third visit meter deemed broken and new one ordered.

New Meter installed and I monitor it only using 9- 12 units a day.

N power after struggle agree to pay refund of over metered amount will total £2000+

My online account all bill prior to 2012 deleted although I have some going back to 2009 on computer

Complete mess of online account as repeatedly recalculated

Special bill of £700 paid by me in 2009 as we had high bill. I just paid it although needed to go to family for financial help

I am disabled with many health problems and paying my energy bill has always been a struggle

Should I get compensation for worry stress and suffering from N power in addition to my refund???

The excess consumption should trigger a flag system on the computers so any large consumption for size of property can be evaluated and also vulnerabilities of customers should be flagged.

Advice please should I take this all the way to the ombudsman? that will make a refund on the electric and I will accept that but I really think they need to be brought to book over this.

Hi madloopy I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No problem the forum is rather large and sometimes confusing...lets hope you get some good advice off the Utility guys.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your input.

I understand I cannot go to the ombudsman yet. I have made my case to the lady dealing and the refund is being processed this week - for the third time within the parameters of usage on the new meter. The first two attempts were not backdated as promised.

I also understand that next week we are going to talk about compensation in addition to the refund matrix agreed. If we cannot agree this gets escalated to the Customer Service Manager and if no agreement is reached the ombudsman is my option. I hope to agree before that. The reason I want recompense is:-

1 I am disabled and living on a very low income, and have been for many some years

2 I have always paid my energy bills although with the old faulty meter they were escalating all the time giving me worry, stress and making me ill.

3 The final straw when the company in Sept 2013 asked for monthly energy payments of £274 monthly. They never attempted to call me as this clearly was wrong. I had to do all the legwork. The quote of £274 worried me so much I ended up talking to my doctor for stress.

4. I have come on to this forum asking for advice what would constitute reasonable compensation to request as I have no idea.I would guess another £2000 on top but as stated am not au fait with these things

This though does not excuse the company from completely making my on-line account unintelligible and deleting my on-line bills before2012. I understood it was a legal requirement they remain - Thank God for downloads!