HFO/Turnbull Rutherford - Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if someone can offer any advice.

I deferred on a credit card in my youth. Around £1500. This got passed on to HFO Service. After some contact I started paying it back. I payed around £800 back when I realised that they ahd added an extortionate amoun of interest on.

I went to citizens advice etc ad they contacted them and all went quiet for a year or so. I sent them a CCA & SAR letter but have already payed some money back. I heard nothing apart from letters from Turnbull & rutherford. They have recently contacted again to say I still owe approx £1100.

I really want to close this out and put an end to it once and for all. I was wondering if they ever accept reduced offers to close the issue as I know they can not legally ad there own interest on even thought they do.

I understand theyre licence is under review but would would happen to my debt if their licence as revoked.

How will this be afffecting my credit rating and how do I repair it?

I want to end this issue once and for all but what is the best way to do this.

If they have not responded to the CCA request, point this out and wait. They cannot enforce any debt in absence of an unfulfilled valid s78 CCA request, and the account should be placed in dispute – there are example letters to lodge a dispute in the templates library.

Have you received regular statements, showing the balance, as required by law? If not, they can’t charge interest (and can only do so if the original T&Cs allowed for it).

I would forget your credit rating for now – you’ve admitted you got into debt, and for them to change this and report the situation unfairly would be wrong. Equally, if they are showing you owe more than it should day, that needs correcting. If you paid it off, your CRA file would show it as satisfied but the default marker would remain from six years from when the original creditor placed it. When was this? Was it a Barclaycard? What does your credit file report?

More info on the history of the account would help. For example, who claims ownership – HFO Capital or HFO Services?

• Confused 1

as donkey states if they have failed to respond to a legal request for a CCA then put the account in dispute. This will give you time to post up all the relevant information you will need to resolve the issue.

When did you send the 2 requests - and are they overdue, not clear from your post. Lets just take things one step at a time and keep a log of what you do and get back.

The CASH COW alarm bells are ringing here!!

How old is this?

You say you got into difficulties in your 'youth', how long was it between the time you didn't pay to the time you actually started again?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The credit card was with Barclaycard in 2005.

I first made a payment to HFO in mid 2007 but only statred paying regularly by DD in 2009 - 2011 until i got a statement in Mid 2011 (the only 1 ive received) stating after paying £700 off a £1500 debt that i still owed HFO £1900. I have not made any further payments. That when i contacted the CAB and took it from there.

I sent a SAR to Barclaycard in 05/2011 - Citizens advice Bureau also sent a SAR to them in 07/2011

I sent a CCA to HFO in 05/2011

Citizens advice bureau contacted HFO and since then ive heard nothing until a letter in 10/2013 & also 1 in 02/2014 both from Turnbull Rutherford. These letter now say the outstanding balance is £1000.

I understand that i owe the debt, and i'm keen to resolve it for good.

Incidentally the statemnent (in 2011) states the debt is to HFO Services but the letter in 02/2014 states its to HFO Capital

If i put the claim in dispute, but what would that actually achieve? Would it not just suspend & prolong things?

It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. As BB states they are treating you as a cash cow. if you put the account in dispute you can stop any payments until we can find out the exact position of the accounts. If you are paying then never by DD - SO only. have you had replies to cca and sar?

you will need to do a CRA CHECK - lots of information on here how to obtain - check out dx100uk and the information at bottom of his entries - sorry forgot what you call this section.

I have ordered a CRA with Experian. Im just waiting of the Pin arriving.

I want close it out. essentially remove if from my credit file & limit the negative affect it has, the best way to do this? im not sure

I'm not paying and haven't paid since 2011. Never received any response to the SAR or CCA.

You won't get it removed from your credit file, unless it is data being processed/recorded incorrectly.

Plus you would need another three years of good history on your credit file to obtain any decent credit.

Whoever you sent the SAR to, you should remind them that they have still failed to comply (did the £10 PO get cashed?)

Give them a further 7 days in which to supply the info before you will refer your formal complaint to the ICO for non compliance.

At the minute it is all very messy, lots of clowns have had their pound of flesh out of it, and it appears that someone has still been adding interest or fees/charges when they have no legal right to do so, if it has been terminated of course?

Pay no-one anything, this account is most definitely in dispute.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!