Next Directory PPI

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I'm new to posting but have been for a considerable time following this matter and have to hand it to the originator for persistence.

I tried for months writing to Next attempting to get back PPI without success.

Finally wrote to ombudsman hoping to glean from them who the underwriters or group was responsible.

They were about as useful as a ashtray on a motorbike obviously never read my letter thoroughly and asked me to supply that info!!!

Eventually with no other road to go down and unlike cups was forced to give up.

My position was quite clear and unambiguous had received no notification of insurance and being part time only, 12 hrs per week and my husband self-employed would have been excluded in any subsequent claim which Next did not dispute.

Given the previous posts with the info available can some one please advise if I should press in the same manner as Next a claim with Phoenix As assuming they have allegedly admitted responsibility.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would contact Next for confirmation of insurance details and underwriter.

Then I would be sending them a complaint and await their response.

Good Luck

Thanx unfortunately Next were not very forthcoming sending a copy of insurance but with no company heading and from the answers here can only assume unless there is a difference of opinion Phoenix are the underwriters and this is what I was hoping to confirm

Thanx unfortunately Next were not very forthcoming sending a copy of insurance but with no company heading and from the answers here can only assume unless there is a difference of opinion Phoenix are the underwriters and this is what I was hoping to confirm

Send Next a SAR :wink:

Hi

The PPI was added in March 1998, about 2 years after the account was opened.

I didn't ask for it, l wouldn't have done.

Benloyal - send Next a SAR, bearing in mind l have never had an insurance document at all, l just had an account statement that showed the total

PPI paid.

Good Luck,

Cups

Hi

The PPI was added in March 1998, about 2 years after the account was opened.

I didn't ask for it, l wouldn't have done.

Benloyal - send Next a SAR, bearing in mind l have never had an insurance document at all, l just had an account statement that showed the total

PPI paid.

Good Luck,

Cups

Thanks Cups.

Benloyal - My SAR details from next advised that the insurance was administrated by a company called First Assist. I also contacted them who advised the relevant policy numbers.

After further correspondences and persistants, I received copies of the relevant policy. Mine incepted in 1991 and underwriters were originally Phoenix / Groupama / Ageas.

Hi,

The address is

PA ( GI ) Ltd

1 Wythall Green Way

Wythall

Birmingham

B47 6WG

Thinking about it Baz, l did get a letter from Ageas last year but now it is coming from Phoenix, seems like Phoenix lost the argument then.

Hope that helps,

Cups

Hi,

The address is

PA ( GI ) Ltd

1 Wythall Green Way

Wythall

Birmingham

B47 6WG

Thinking about it Baz, l did get a letter from Ageas last year but now it is coming from Phoenix, seems like Phoenix lost the argument then.

Hope that helps,

Cups

Thanks again cups.

That's another different address to what I had and will make note.

Mind you mine's been with FOS for quite some time :shock:

Hi,

Just thought l would call the Phoenix Group people.

They were very pleasant, said they were on the case, mine was one of the ones they were nearly done with and l should hear soon, could not have been nicer.

Sounds like there is one guy there doing it all? But he seemed to be doing his best?

Will let you know when l hear from them again.

Cups

Hi,

Just thought l would call the Phoenix Group people.

They were very pleasant, said they were on the case, mine was one of the ones they were nearly done with and l should hear soon, could not have been nicer.

Sounds like there is one guy there doing it all? But he seemed to be doing his best?

Will let you know when l hear from them again.

Cups

Thanks again cups and please keep me up-dated.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you originally complain and who to first ?

And when was your complaint submitted to FOS ?

Did FOS advise you that Underwriters would be sending you a claim form ?

Thanks

Hi Baz,

2012, off the top of my head think it was the start.

Did not get a letter from FOS just the Phoenx letter.

Think from what the guy said they are doing it in tranches,

Cups

OK cups many thanks again and suppose I will have to be patient lol.

Please keep me posted as I will be interested on how they will calculate refunds. Probably premiums plus 8% statutory and no compound.

Cheers

Baz

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Baz,

Nothing yet but it is 8 weeks next week, will try them again and let you know,

Cups

Thanks cups will be interested with what they come back with.

I chased FOS for an up-date and a couple of days later I received a letter from Underwriters requesting details of claim. They wanted me to give them authorisation to contact third parties and original contract details including all statements proving insurance payment. They also submitted their complaints procedure.

I contacted FOS Adjudicator (fifth in total now) dealing with my original complaint against Underwriters and they were unaware that Phoenix Group had been in touch ? I mentioned that my concern was now another delay as my complaint with FOS has been around 2 years now and what happens if underwriters reject my complaint again - Surely not another complaint for FOS for the same reason ?

I asked the adjudicator why they had not made a decision to my outstanding complaint if they have now admitted liability as such - Bless her she was not too sure but did state that it maybe due to the complexity of the complaint ? :???:

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to Phoenix, they are apparently still working out their PPI complaint procedure and are unsure how long it will take, when l mentioned the 8 week time limit l was told that l could go back to FOS but it wouldn't really help, not overly optimistic now !!

Cups

Spoke to Phoenix, they are apparently still working out their PPI complaint procedure and are unsure how long it will take, when l mentioned the 8 week time limit l was told that l could go back to FOS but it wouldn't really help, not overly optimistic now !!

Cups

Thanks for the up-date cups.

Well I received a further letter from Phoenix yesterday advising that their investigations are taking longer than expected (mine only 4 weeks in now with them) and when I contacted FOS today they said just await their final decision ???

Now what I don't understand is that my original complaint was originally rejected and therefore passed to FOS for their decision. I received no up-dates for over a year until I contacted them in which I then received a letter advising that after the recent court decision (Nov 2014) that Phoenix have admitted liability.

I then receive a letter from Underwriters asking for details of my complaint in which I submitted everything including copies of statements, as that they wanted proof that payments were made. When I mentioned this to FOS they had no idea of this so I suggested that they liaise as soon as possible. The adjudicator contacted me later to say they had spoken with Underwriters and that they were still investigating, so not much help there then.

I did mention to FOS that surely as the complaint was with them it is their decision whether or not it was mis-sold but they did not seem to know what to do in which I find quite worrying. So I added what if after 8 weeks Underwriters come back and reject again, will I have to submit another complaint to FOS and start the process over again ? They did not seem to be able to answer that so again my confidence has waned and requested that they let me know as soon as possible. What I can see happening is that the adjudicator / Ombudsman will await Underwriters decision and will just agree with them !

Like you my optimism in a positive decision does not look very likely at the moment.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Baz,

When l spoke they said they did not have systems in place to investigate, l have not been rejected as such, save to say Next denied they were covered by the selling of the PPI because they were not covered by FOS then, they are now.

Will wait and see,

Cups

Hi Baz,

When l spoke they said they did not have systems in place to investigate, l have not been rejected as such, save to say Next denied they were covered by the selling of the PPI because they were not covered by FOS then, they are now.

Will wait and see,

Cups

Thanks again cups.

If you don't mind me asking but who has not got the systems in place - The Ombudsman ?

If so then that probably explains why they could not comment on my questions :shock:

Hi Baz, No Phoenix said they were still working out their own PPI system of complaints, they are waiting for the managers to agree the process?? Cups

Ok thanks again cups.

Oh that will be interesting as I did mention to FOS about interest owing and they said if successful, that they should consider FOS redress policy. That remains to be seen.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Baz