Capquest/? claimform - LLoyds Credit card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Of course you can submit it on MCOL thats what your password on the claim form is for...once you have registered to use the service.

You dont attach anything to defence ( you cant anyway using MCOL).

My opinion its a little lengthy and screams this defence is based on them not disclosing but nothing about why I dispute the debt.

This bit is good (I recognise it well :wink:)

"The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

I have in the past had financial dealings with Lloydsi banking group .

I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment being terminated from either the Claimant or lloyds.

It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and (b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and © show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; "

Downhill from there on IMHO.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

can my defence be posted even though I submitted acknowledgement online. im having problems signing into MCOL its saying to ring help desk (tried that hopeless) even though I put all correct details in

thanks

yes, can be posted, best with recorded or at least signed for. usually easier online though, mcol seems to sometimes play up at weekends!

have you amended yr defence as andy suggests?

you're deadline is the 1st?

hi ford

im just looking at it now

im in a right old flap now since MCOL decided to shut me out arghhh...

yes was just going to use the top which andy agreed with

was going to add that I had not received any defaults or letters or any form of correspondence from CQ or Lloyds.

I ve not lived at that address for 5 years and no mail has been passed to me by my ex (he says none ever dropped through the door).

If I cant get on later to MCOL I will post next day delivery tomorrow as its due Tuesday. (date on claim form 28/3)

thanks

issue date 28/2? so, the 2nd inclusive? if in doubt check with the court on monday first thing.

can even submit defence by email. ensure use their correct address if doing so.

hi ford

am sure its the 1/4 defence date, your right about MCOL playing up at weekends!

here's my defence it is similar to another threads defence. the debt was from my old address were my ex still lives I must of changed address with Lloyds further down the line. do I need to say anything about this at this stage?.

thanks

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

I have in the past had financial dealings with lloyds banking group .

it is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment being terminated from either the Claimant or lloyds. it is denied I have ever been in receipt of any default notice(s) having been served or statutory demands/notice(s) from either the claimant or lloyds banking group

It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and (b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and © show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

Hi this is a claim for an overdraft benlucy378 ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

You must put them to strict proof to disclose...edit to suit (dates CPR CCA) etc dont add/remove paragraphs.:-)

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had financial dealings with HBOS .

3.Paragraph 2 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served last year from either the Claimant or HBOS.

4.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 77/78 for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have failed to comply to my section 77/78 request and remain in default and with regards to my CPR 31.14 request have stated that they are under no obligation to disclose any documentation on which their claim is based.

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

hi Andy

ive amended to suit, is it ok just date and original creditor

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had financial dealings with Lloyds.

3.Paragraph 2 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served last year from either the Claimant or Lloyds.

4.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, dated 10/3/2014 therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. On receipt of this claim dated 28/02/2014, I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 77/78 for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have failed to comply to my section 77/78 request and remain in default and with regards to my CPR 31.14 request, dated 10/3/2014 have stated that they are under no obligation to disclose any documentation on which their claim is based.

6. As per

Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the

consumer credit Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

thanks again Andy

:-)

• 1 year later...

hi

I know its a while since I was last on the site.

I never heard anything from the courts or capquest until july/aug this year

sending me a financial situation form to fill in my outgoings

I have written to them and asked about settling the debt since they sent this it was about getting a consent order.

I have made an offer and they say once I return the out goings form they will consider the offer.

im saying 20% of the original debt.

I was curious as to why I never heard anything from the courts.

I didn't get anything from capquest with regards to the signed agreements etc....

many thanks

Can you scan up upload what they have sent?

Until/unless they pay to lift the stay and the court write to you

I.d not be paying a penny

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

willy waving

as post 70 please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was curious as to why I never heard anything from the courts.

s

it gets stayed automatically if they dont respond within the 28 odd days after receiving your defence from the court. this is usually stated by the court when they confirm receipt of a defence.

looks like claimant let it stay at the time as they didnt have any docs. now they have some, they are pursuing via a con order.

issue now is whether what they have is likely to be enforceable in small claims court. whether you want to try and settle, and if no settlement reached, whether they are prepared to apply to lift the stay and proceed.

please pop those images into a multipage word doc

then file save as .pdf

and they