Parked correctly, displayed BB but still got PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really annoyed. I was in hounslow today on bath road with a disabled passenger. We parked the car correctly on a single yellow line, not blocking anyone in and disaplayed valid BB on dash. Got a PCN with reason "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

The only reason I can think of getting the PCN is because I did not put the clock on the dash. We have had the BB for years and I've forgot to put the pass in previous occaisions and not had any problems. Maybe this was the problem and I was unlucky?

Anyway, I will be appealing. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? I want to make sure I have a strong case before going back to challenge the ticket.

I did not take any pictures as I did not see the point. The CEO took pictures and I admit there clock was not there.

As I said, car was parked at the end of a road but on single yellow and not rstricting anyone.

Thanks

:wave:

L O all

in Merseyside on certain roads / streets they have marking on the kerb which designates that during certain hours (ie Rush Hours) you are not allowed to park, even with correctly displayed Blue Badge. If there are disabled parking bays the bays are also suspended. Reason for action is that road / street is classed as a through route to enable traffic to flow as quickly as possible.

regards

DK

:wave:

Exemptions from prohibitions on waiting at all times or during specified periods

8. (1) This regulation applies to an order made under section 1, 6, 9, 35, 45 or 46 of the 1984 Act which includes a provision which

(a)prohibits (except for the purposes of loading or unloading) the waiting of vehicles, or any class of vehicles, in a road at all times of day or during one or more specified periods of the day;

(b)does not apply to a bus lane or cycle lane during its hours of operation; and

©is not a provision of the kind referred to in regulation 7(1).

(2) An order to which this regulation applies shall include an exemption from the prohibition in accordance with whichever of paragraphs (3) and (4) is appropriate in favour of any vehicle displaying a disabled persons badge in the relevant position.

(3) Where the period of the prohibition does not exceed 3 hours the exemption shall be for the whole of that period.

(4) Where the period of the prohibition exceeds 3 hours the exemption shall be for a period of 3 hours subject to the conditions that–

(a)the period of exempted waiting does not begin less than one hour after a previous period of exempted waiting by the same vehicle in the same road on the same day;

(b)a parking disc is displayed in the relevant position on the vehicle marked to show the quarter hour period during which the period of exempted waiting began.

(5) In this regulation parking disc means a device which

(a)is 125 millimetres square and coloured blue, if issued on or after 1st April 2000 or orange, if issued before that date;

(b)has been issued by a local authority and has not ceased to be valid; and

©is capable of showing the quarter hour period during which a period of waiting has begun.

Thinking deeper - I thought I didnt put it out but it was on the floor when I got back so maybe I did or maybe I didnt. I doubt that changes anything. Was just saying

Whether it fell or you forgot, the vehicle was still in contravention. You could appeal and hope for the best - if it fell you might have a marginally better case than if you forgot, but it doesn't change the situation a great deal. They could still enforce the PCN if they wanted to.