• Tweets

• Thanks for your reply Andyorch - Unfortunately there are no credit card account numbers quoted in the letter to identify which credit card company is involved. It just states the outstanding balance and that the original lender is SAV Credit. It only has the Cabot/Global Debt Recovery reference numbers for this debt.  Did a quick internet search and SAV credit was also known as Newday Cards Ltd - neither of which I recognise.   Thanks Paul
    • Ian Ackerley blames an increase in customers, the pandemic, cuts to interest rates and the decision to phase out Premium Bond prize cheques for soaring wait times and a rise in complaints. View the full article
    • 20210121_141933.pdf   I received a letter from the 7th saying their client is willing to conclude this matter and to contact them. The only other letter I received is attached as PDF. If its not this one, I dont think i got it through the post yet.  
    • Well before you can determine if its Statute Barred you need to find out what it is......do they refer to an account number ? If so send them a CCA request section 78...see if that throws any light on the alleged debt.   Andy
    • Hello All - I've received a letter today from Cabot Financial advising that they are passing on a debt to Global Debt Recovery Ltd as they haven't been able to contact me. I haven't received any letters from Cabot for a couple of years and those letters didn't quote any amount like £7000. I haven't ever contacted Cabot either. My address hasn't changed for over 10 years.   The letter states that the outstanding balance is around £7000 and the Original lender according to this letter is SAV Credit. I don't recognise this debt amount as I've never had a credit card with that sort of credit amount (4000 was my max limit) and I don't recognise 'SAV Credit'. I've checked my credit file and nothing new has been added. I have one CCJ granted in 2015 for £3500 which I assume expires at the end of this year.   On the other side of the same letter Global Debt Recovery are asking me to contact them to arrange a repayment on this debt. My financial problems are from around 2012/2013 and I'm sure I was unable to make any repayments to my debts from around that time so I'm assuming that this would make this debt 'statute barred' anyway. I was made redundant a few years ago and I'm on Universal Credit at the moment and have no way of paying this kind of money. I'm not too keen on just ignoring this type of letter as that has caused me problems in the past.   Would appreciate any advice Thank you           
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Parked correctly, displayed BB but still got PCN

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2510 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Really annoyed. I was in hounslow today on bath road with a disabled passenger. We parked the car correctly on a single yellow line, not blocking anyone in and disaplayed valid BB on dash. Got a PCN with reason "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

The only reason I can think of getting the PCN is because I did not put the clock on the dash. We have had the BB for years and I've forgot to put the pass in previous occaisions and not had any problems. Maybe this was the problem and I was unlucky?

Anyway, I will be appealing. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? I want to make sure I have a strong case before going back to challenge the ticket.

I did not take any pictures as I did not see the point. The CEO took pictures and I admit there clock was not there.

As I said, car was parked at the end of a road but on single yellow and not rstricting anyone.

Thanks

:wave:

L O all

in Merseyside on certain roads / streets they have marking on the kerb which designates that during certain hours (ie Rush Hours) you are not allowed to park, even with correctly displayed Blue Badge. If there are disabled parking bays the bays are also suspended. Reason for action is that road / street is classed as a through route to enable traffic to flow as quickly as possible.

regards

DK

:wave:

:welcome::rofl::welcome:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:tea:

most of my knowledge is from the school of hard knocks

not based on any legal background

As quite a lot fellow caggers state seek Legal Advice

:ranger:

Exemptions from prohibitions on waiting at all times or during specified periods

8. (1) This regulation applies to an order made under section 1, 6, 9, 35, 45 or 46 of the 1984 Act which includes a provision which

(a)prohibits (except for the purposes of loading or unloading) the waiting of vehicles, or any class of vehicles, in a road at all times of day or during one or more specified periods of the day;

(b)does not apply to a bus lane or cycle lane during its hours of operation; and

©is not a provision of the kind referred to in regulation 7(1).

(2) An order to which this regulation applies shall include an exemption from the prohibition in accordance with whichever of paragraphs (3) and (4) is appropriate in favour of any vehicle displaying a disabled persons badge in the relevant position.

(3) Where the period of the prohibition does not exceed 3 hours the exemption shall be for the whole of that period.

(4) Where the period of the prohibition exceeds 3 hours the exemption shall be for a period of 3 hours subject to the conditions that–

(a)the period of exempted waiting does not begin less than one hour after a previous period of exempted waiting by the same vehicle in the same road on the same day;

(b)a parking disc is displayed in the relevant position on the vehicle marked to show the quarter hour period during which the period of exempted waiting began.

(5) In this regulation parking disc means a device which

(a)is 125 millimetres square and coloured blue, if issued on or after 1st April 2000 or orange, if issued before that date;

(b)has been issued by a local authority and has not ceased to be valid; and

©is capable of showing the quarter hour period during which a period of waiting has begun.

Thinking deeper - I thought I didnt put it out but it was on the floor when I got back so maybe I did or maybe I didnt. I doubt that changes anything. Was just saying

Whether it fell or you forgot, the vehicle was still in contravention. You could appeal and hope for the best - if it fell you might have a marginally better case than if you forgot, but it doesn't change the situation a great deal. They could still enforce the PCN if they wanted to.