Help needed for Jobseeker allowance form

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2458 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I am now trying to apply for the JSA and when filling in the paper application form a question on Page 38 asks

"at any time, have you come to live or returned to live in the UK from abroad?

Who has come to the UK?

What is their nationality?

Which country have their come from?

Was this to work in the UK?

Has the Home office put a limit on how long they can stay in the UK?

etc" if Yes, I am required to send passport or immigration documents to the JC.

I went on holiday last year for a month and I am a british citizen. I really have no ideas of whether to tick yes or no. Any help would be much appreciated. (Done)

----------------------

How about someone who came to work and live in the UK from abroad a couple of years ago and have already obtained a UK passport, will the person tick YES or NO? Thank you (Done)

"If they have lived in the UK before, When did they last leave the UK? " ---- (what to write if left UK for Holidays)

Edited by Abbtt

Tick no if it was just a holiday - the question is asking if you or anyone on your claim has actually lived abroad.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Tick no if it was just a holiday - the question is asking if you or anyone on your claim has actually lived abroad.

I am sorry to bother you again, do you mind to answer this question for my roommate please? He has a job now. He came to work and live in the UK from abroad a couple of years ago and have already obtained a UK passport, will he tick YES or NO in this instance for the question on Page 38 of the application form if he needed to apply the JSA in the future? Thank you

Edited by Abbtt
I am sorry to bother you again, do you mind to answer this question for my roommate please? He has a job now. He came to work and live in the UK from abroad a couple of years ago and have already obtained a UK passport, will he tick YES or NO in this instance for the question on Page 38 of the application form if he needed to apply the JSA in the future? Thank you

He should probably tick "Yes" and then explain the situation on the form - that he came to the UK X years ago from country Y and is now a naturalised UK citizen who has been resident here since date Z. With regard to the question about "Has the Home Office placed any restrictions on his stay?", the answer will be "No" if he has a British passport.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

He should probably tick "Yes" and then explain the situation on the form - that he came to the UK X years ago from country Y and is now a naturalised UK citizen who has been resident here since date Z. With regard to the question about "Has the Home Office placed any restrictions on his stay?", the answer will be "No" if he has a British passport.

Thank you so much!! I will pass this information onto him.

How about "If they have lived in the UK before, When did they last leave the UK?" Does he need to tell the government the dates he left UK for holiday? Sorry for the trouble I caused you.

No need to detail every holiday he's ever taken since he arrived in the UK - only periods where he was not resident. That is, if he lived abroad for any time that should be explained, but (for example) a couple of weeks holiday in the Med or a short visit to family back in his original country doesn't count.