style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone can help.

I have had a laptop with BH for two years.

It was sold to me as refurbished however the store manager who sold me it claimed it was brand new and there was a stock inbalance.

Alarm bells should have rung and I should have insisted on a brand new laptop sold to me as a brand new laptop.

I didnt have the OSC but I do have DLC.

I previously had a problem with the screen and it was sent off under DLC and repaired. Great!

Now days after this it began to switch itself off,

then it completely stopped working to the point it will not even switch on.

I bought a new battery, tried that. No luck.

Spoke to BH who told me there was nothing they could do as I don't have OSC! My responsibility,

meanwhile I have to continue paying for this item until Jan 2015.

I took it myself to see how much it would cost to be repaired and was told it needed a new motherboard.

Something that was not cost effective,

it would cost in the region of £200-300.

I'm just wondering where I stand,

is there anything I can do.

I have read and read, this forum has been great

but I also now realise that because it was sold to me as refurbished,

my rights are limited.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you!

You don't have contents insurance then?

OSC;

Optional Service Cover (OSC)

With Optional Service Cover (OSC) you won’t need to find a penny extra if your product breaks down. We’ll aim to repair it or replace it quickly, with all parts and labour included - no hidden charges. (Terms and conditions apply).

Download full details of Optional Service Cover here.

DLC;

Damage Liability Cover (DLC)

Damage Liability Cover (DLC) means that you will not have to continue to pay for your product if it is damaged or stolen. Our hire purchase goods must be covered against damage caused by fire, theft or accident. If you do not have a home contents insurance policy or alternative insurance to cover hire purchase goods, BrightHouse’s DLC is available.

As usual, BH are telling porky pies!

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/sogaataglance

If they sold it to you as NEW, and it is actually a refurb then they fail, you win and can demand a full refund or replacement.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

matters not [in all fact] that is was 2nd hand

soga still applies.

send it back for repair under soga.

i'd also be either refusing to pay for it since its stopped working

or

demand a refund of those weeks when this is settled.

if you refuse payment, they'll never do court anyway.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BazookaBoo:

They sold it to me as a refurb, but it was new. They made out I was getting a great deal as I was getting a brand new laptop but paying less and on the system it was down as a refurb, they were apparently able to offer this to me due to a stock imbalance.

No, i dont have contents insurance, so I have the DLC.

So, even though it is a refurb I can still insist they sort it under SOGA? I wanna know what I'm talking about before I go and speak to the store manager on monday as they've already tried to fob me off once! But i need to know what Im talking about.

Thanks for your reply x

Thanks for your reply dx, I thought with it being second hand it I wouldn;t have the same rights. What is the supply of goods act? I read another reply on here/ response from BH that they sell goods under the supply of goods not SOGA? Thanks

Good Morning KirstyL89,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you seem to be having with your laptop.

I would like the opportunity to investigate this for you. Please contact Customer Relations on 0800 526 069 or email the account details and any relevant information that will assist with the investigation to [email protected] quoting reference F0693782 and I will be happy to help you.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please update the thread with any feedback you have.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations Team

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply. As you suggested I contacted customer relations, I called them yesterday. Today I have had a call from my local store manager with the offer of a replacement laptop so I'm delighted it has been resolved.

Thank you!

Kirsty

Good Afternoon KirstyL89,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and allowing us to look into the points that you raised.

I am delighted to hear that the matter has now been resolved and should you need to speak with us again, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 or email [email protected] and we will be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations Team