• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Could backbench campaign lead to end of TV licence ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The answer is one that frightens the BBC to it`s very core. A voluntary subscription service. Go it alone & survive in the real world like the rest of us do.

I don`t care about the BBC , i care about the fact it is a tax & unfair competition. It has so many ill`s , it is not worth going over them again. This next review is going to be very interesting as to the outcome of the LF tax. My hunch is it will get a continuation of the LF tax but with caveats, the old boy network will keep her afloat............................. this time

For starters a subtle logo advertising a company would be a start. They should gradually reduce the license fee over the next four years to 75%, then 50% and then 25% and finally 0%. Whilst increasing advertising revenue each year.

For starters a subtle logo advertising a company would be a start. They should gradually reduce the license fee over the next four years to 75%, then 50% and then 25% and finally 0%. Whilst increasing advertising revenue each year.

I fully agree with this then anyone like me that does not like adverts can record then skip through when you do watch.

dpick

A subscription model would be good, say an extra quid or two on a sky subscription per month should do it. or a couple of quid to unscramble Freeview/Freesat. The other non BBC channels could be still free to air with no criminal consequences for watching. I Playere could also have a restricted access model, with a subscription either standalone or tied to the main fee, as in pay ££2.50 for access to all £2 for TV channels, or a quid for I Player alone

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

A expected the BBC are not happy with this situation.Today, James Purnell the Beeb's director of Strategy and Digital says that the move would be a huge risk and lead to a rise in the number of people who fail to pay.

Apparently the rate of evasion is 5% so were it to rise to 10% as a result of removing the criminalising [if there is such a word]of the penalty,then that would equal the cost of runningall of BBC Four, the CBBC and the CBeebies.

He carried on to say that the decriminalisation of the fee would penalise the poor? Does he not realise that the cost of the Licence already penalises the poor and is then compounded by giving them a criminal record for something they cannot afford and often don't watch.

Perhaps the BeeB could put their house in order first.

They pay huge salaries to celebrities;they pay huge payouts to dismissed employees and their staff appear to get individual taxis to get them home even though there may be several staff going the same way

all around the same time.

I am sure that people who work or who have worked there will know of many other instances of waste on a large scale.

The key problem with a model based upon advertising is that the beeb would lose much of its quality programming. As much as the actual organisation annoys me, much of the output is very high quality. The last we need is yet another bastion of retardation like ITV. The out-dated, hierarchal management structure needs to go. Big time.

I can`t see why everyone assumes that the BBC needs advertising to be a part of a subscription package. If they went down the subscription route , scrambled the output , the uptake for those that want to watch the BBC should be in line with the current TVL tax system ?. No need for adverts , like all monopolies they are top heavy & prone to waste money, local councils & governments spring to mind. I think in the circumstances i have laid out it would force the BBC to address the vast amounts of money it wastes, streamline the management structure & force them to concentrate on the real business of output. Those that already enjoy & are happy to pay will continue , those that don`t will not & won`t be able to view live output . This would give people a choice, that is fair in my view, it should be a choice & not a tax. The truth is that the whole system is calling out for change, clinging on to the past is not cutting it in today's world. Surely it is better to be in on the negotiations of change than have them forced upon you.

I hope the government doesnt renew its charter and then a new BBC can be created. Bet my house it wont happen.

The government are very unlikley to get rid of it, all governments like to have at least one mouthpiece that they control.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Could be a very dangerous thing for people if it is decriminalised. A lower level of proof is needed for a civil action and enforcement could become a big earner for the BBC and enforcement agencies. If anyone is in any doubt about what goes on in civil enforcement have a look at the debt/bailiff and HCEO sub forum on this group. People will end up having to let BBC agents round their houses to prove they don't have a TV.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Labour to support a vote in favour of a review into decriminalizing ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26711459

http://www.govyou.co.uk/decriminalization-of-tv-licence-non-payment/

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Could be a very dangerous thing for people if it is decriminalised. A lower level of proof is needed for a civil action and enforcement could become a big earner for the BBC and enforcement agencies. If anyone is in any doubt about what goes on in civil enforcement have a look at the debt/bailiff and HCEO sub forum on this group. People will end up having to let BBC agents round their houses to prove they don't have a TV.

Might catch a few license dodgers out then. It annoys me that people who should pay for one and watch live tv, hide behind their rights to avoid access and get caught out.

Might catch a few license dodgers out then. It annoys me that people who should pay for one and watch live tv, hide behind their rights to avoid access and get caught out.

But why should someone with no proof and what is essentially a civil debt be allowed to nose around your property ? This is different from bailiffs, etc as in those cases the debt has been proven and therefore (rightly or wrongly) they have been given the right (with limitations) to enter your property.

If there was a law that said you have to hop 2 miles every day and pay your local tesco £30 for no reason, would you do it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This really isn't the same thing as what you described. More like paying for sainsburys bananas but getting them from co op. Yes I would if it was the law but I would be actively involved in fighting to change it.

Bottom line it is the law currently, I guess all those people who don't have a license will have to get themselves down the pub for the World Cup in the summer as they can't watch the games live at home. Unless you avoid the scores and watch later on catch up.

guess all those people who don't have a license will have to get themselves down the pub for the World Cup in the summer as they can't watch the games live at home.

Thats pretty much what i do anyway for big games. Much better atmosphere than sitting at home.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Nick Ross was on The Daily Politics show today explaining that the TV Licence should be scrapped and a subscription system should be brought in place.

He debated his film with MPs David Willetts and Emily Thornberry.

A short film he made is included in the weblink http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26851480

A link to the Daily Politics Show is included within the BBC page (Nick Ross segment is after questions to the dictator).

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Good post Stigman

A sensible , mature & modern thinking look at the way forward for the BBC by a man who clearly loves, believes & cares about it`s future. You would think that given this mans passion , reputation & experience of the BBC , he would be brought in to some kind of future planning role / appointment. No, new carpets & over staffed jollies to the world cup are the order of the day.

Same old elitist greedy BBC, they want the German sysytem, pay the TV Tax even if you dont own a TV or anything that you can watch a programme on

from the Torygraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10746109/BBC-wants-you-to-pay-TV-licence-fee-even-if-you-dont-own-a-set-as-shows-go-on-iPlayer-for-longer.html