Will my name appear on Court Listings?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'll keep it short.

I have a DCA chasing me for a debt from just less than 6 years ago.

I received the papers from Northampton and sent in a defence and it looks like it's going to court.

I would be mortified if my friends and family found out i was having to deal with issues this way

- will my name appear in local newspapers/on the internet?

I receive the local paper and quite often they list the criminal cases and outcomes at the magistrates court

but never seemingly the debt related stuff..

.can anyone tell me if this sort of information is available/easy for people to find?

Also the original creditor and dca have been sending correspondence to the wrong address.

I have correspondence from them back in the day proving they did have the right address

however everything they have sent me has gone astray.

The only reason i know about the court case is that it was re-directed whereas most innocuous looking stuff is returned to sender/binned etc.

If i haven't been receiving their correspondence due to an incorrect address

and it is their error does it matter that they show that they sent it, i.e. is it a defence?

If they have your correct address but have been sending it elsewhere, then you can certainly raise this issue. Did they issue the claim at the wrong address ?

If you hadnt received it and a judgment was awarded in default, then I think you would have been able to get it set aside fairly easily.

I am pretty sure that only bankruptcies are mentioned in the local newspaper.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's a block of flats and unless it's addressed correctly it ends up through a communal door,

i don't have access to that communal door whatsoever as i am in a different block altogether.

All of their correspondence (checked with SAR) has gone through that communal door including the court docs..

.it's not a particularly nice area so noone ever brings around the post

but because this said court services a good natured neighbour (nosy neighbour) opened it and tracked me down.

It's bad enough they know but i don't want everyone knowing.

I've honestly had no correspondence about this for goodness know how many years but the last payment was 5yrs

and 11mths ago at the time the court docs were issued.

Hi all,

I'll keep it short. I have a DCA chasing me for a debt from just less than 6 years ago. I received the papers from Northampton and sent in a defence and it looks like it's going to court.

I would be mortified if my friends and family found out i was having to deal with issues this way - will my name appear in local newspapers/on the internet? I receive the local paper and quite often they list the criminal cases and outcomes at the magistrates court but never seemingly the debt related stuff...can anyone tell me if this sort of information is available/easy for people to find?

Also the original creditor and dca have been sending correspondence to the wrong address. I have correspondence from them back in the day proving they did have the right address however everything they have sent me has gone astray. The only reason i know about the court case is that it was re-directed whereas most innocuous looking stuff is returned to sender/binned etc.

If i haven't been receiving their correspondence due to an incorrect address and it is their error does it matter that they show that they sent it, i.e. is it a defence?

Doesn't look to me like you have a defence based on what you've said.

You seem to be concerned with what other people will think?

You hope that moving and them not getting your updated address even though you have moved

and are getting the mail might be a defence?

The answer is No,

its not a defence.

if they can prove the OC or the DCa knew and had used the correct address already

then sending a claimform to another address is a defence.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, it's not a defence to the claim in any event. Even if they have to reserve the documents that's as far as the address issue will take the OP, although he's obviously replied to the claim because he says a defence has been filed.

As for publicity, your name will not be published anywhere save for the actual list at court that day so unless someone happens to be in court and look at it they'll never know.