• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

1st Credit Claimform - Halifax credit card ***Settlement agreed /Claim Struck Out ***

Stressed150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so just an update on this one

Had mediation appt which lasted less then an hour, mediator explained that both sides need to cut to the chase to see if we can come to an amicable solution and see if we can meet in the middle as motivation is financial and mediator advised anything discussed during the process is without prejudice so cannot be used by either party should the case proceed to trial.

Needless to say the claimant started closer the higher end of the balance disputed on the alleged account - bottom line we came to no resolution and case will now proceed to trial.

The mediator was very pushy and did put pressure on to resolve etc but was fair and impartial in all honesty.

Case is now going to trial next year.

So now you simply revert to your Notice of Allocation Stressed and in particularly the directions which you must comply with by the dates stated...witness statements and disclosure.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 6 months later...

Hello trial date for this is end of July, and am in the process of preparing my WS for this, just a few points that I need clarification on please?

1. Looking through my paperwork, I may not have actually sent a CCA request to first credit, only a cpr request - to which an unforecable application form with terms and conditions was sent to me, do I still need to send a CCA request?

2. Do I need to ammend my original WS as submitted on MCOL to the same as that which i will be submitting now? This is not stated in the notice of allocation to the small claims track, however prior to this, the claimant applied for summary judgement, which the claimant advised me that they would be applying to have the hearing vacated (however this still went ahead), i did not atedned the hearing, however I contacted the court, and they advised me hearing had taken place, and judge was not very happy about me submitting a WS as part of bundle which was different to the one submitted on MCOL???

3. Can I use claimants WS for summary judgment as part of my defence? (Many, many many errors on par of claimant)

4. This is a claim for an alleged credit agreement pre 2007 any links on useful info/case law to include in defence would be greatly appreciated.

Simply refer to your last WS that you used for the Summary Judgment application...you can add update and edit accordingly.Make a small mention of the failed summary judgment application,,,how it failed and how the claimant misled you into thinking they had vacated.....don't over do it don't over complicate the WS.

Ideally I would wait until you receive the claimants WS...before finalising yours.

Its a bit late in the day now to be making CCA request....that should have been made with your CPR request as advised....and anyway you made one to the OC and also the claimant provided a response within its reply to your CPR.

I would have assumed you had already referred to the claimants WS in your WS opposing summary judgment? If not then yes you can include anything of merit.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Ideally I would wait until you receive the claimants WS...before finalising yours.

That defeats the point. It's supposed to be a simultaneous exchange of statements with neither Party seeing the others beforehand.

That defeats the point. It's supposed to be a simultaneous exchange of statements with neither Party seeing the others beforehand.

In a perfect world Gany...if they even bothered to serve one

Thank you for your guidance

I have just had a check of my credit report, and it appears that first credit are recording information (defaults every month for the passed 6 months) against me on my creddit file, are they allowed to this, seeing as this is an account in dispute?

Yes.....nothing to do with their claim

the claimant has now submitted a defence so need to write mine up,

they quote HSBC bank Plc v Brophy.

I have just read up on that case, and it seems that it's pointless to argue that the alleged agreement is unenforceable,

as per the HSBC bank Plc v Brophy case,

the judge decided that the signing the application was in effect an executed agreement despite the fact that the form being signed was an application form.

I'm quite concerned, I want to defend but now I don't know where to start

You mean they have submitted a witness statement...not a defence?

In Brophy v HFC Bank Limited [2010] EWHC 819 (QB) where the High Court confirmed the definition of “credit limit” in the credit card agreement (expressed as “Your credit limit will be determined by us from time to time and notified to you”) complied with both Schedule 1 and Schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983

A credit card agreement stated that the credit limit ‘will be determined by the bank from time to time and notified to you’. The debtor argued that the application form which he signed was merely an agreement to enter into a prospective regulated agreement, and that the definition of the credit limit did not comply with the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations. Neither of those ingenious arguments worked.

You have not argued your credit limit as far as I can see from your defence and summary judgment Witness statement ?

To my case, as I am not arguing the credit limit amount per se, however, the application they have sent me in response to CPR is indeed illegible and does not contain the credit amount, also the TandC attached on a seperate page do not relate to the account as they stipulate that late payment towards the account would be £20.00, however the attached account statements clearly indicate that fees of £25.00 were added to the account, is this worth pointing out as part of my defence/WS?

Hi Andy

Does this mean that first credit quoting this, or indeed the case of HSBC v Brophy is irrelevant?

Im not sure Stressed without sight of their witness statement and its contents (verbatim) on what pretext they are referring/relying on.The above was just the crux of the case that you refer to.

Regards

Andy

Claimants Witness statement

The claim relates to a halifax credit card ref xxxxx. On xx/xx/xx the defendant applied for and obtained a credit card. a copy of the signed agreeemnt is at page x and the termsn and conditions applicable at the time are at pagesx to x. I refer to the text above the defendants signatire which states " This is a credit card agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. Sign it only if you want to be legally bound by its term".

Pursuant to the HBOS reorganisation act 2006, Bank of scotland plc acquired the assets and liabilities of halifax plc. The act came into effect on xx/xx/2007. Attched at pages x to x are the terms and conditions between the defendant and bos current at the date of default. at page xx I attatch the London gazette notice dated xx/xx/2007 confirming the transfer.

Attached hereto at pages xx to xx are the available statements of account, from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx. It is evident that the defendant used the card to purchse goods and services. She also used the card to obtain cash advances.

The last payment received on xx/xx/xx in the sum of xx, page xx. Thereafter ni further paymens were recieved and charges applied in respect of late payment/overlimit fee/letter fees and interest. The last staement issued was on xx/xx/xxx and the account then passed to recoveries as evidecnt fron the tranbsaction hisotry at page xx because no statements are issued once the account is closed. The balance owed on xx/xx/xx was xxxx.

On xx/xx/xx a default notice was issued. At page xx is the computer screen entry wuth the credit card number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the balance at xxxx. I rerfer to page x of the staements showing the exact balance at the date of the default,. At pages x to x is the default notice dated xx/xx/xx, putting the defendant on notice that she must pay xxxx into her account "before xx/xx/xx" being the 14 days notice required under section 88 of the consumer credt act 1984.

At page x is the termination notice, dated xx/xx/xx I note that it was issued one day before the expiry day notice. I refer to the staements at pages x to x showing the account had infact not been terminated despite the termination notice. I therefore submit that defect in the termonation notice did not prejudice the defendant.

ASSIGNMENTS

On xx/xx/xx the debt was assigned ffrom BOS to 1st Credit finanace 5 ltd. A copy of the notice of assignment dated xx/xx/xx is at page x. The ntice was sent to xxxxxxxxxxxx. Attached at page xx to xx is the introductory letter of the same date. and also sent to the same address. For the avoidance of doubt, both documents were previously sent to an alternative address at xxxxxxxxxx on xxxx, following a mis-trace of the defendants address when the account was first assigned. I confirm that the address was corrected and all corresspondance was sent to xxxxxxx from xx/xx/xx.

On xx/xx/xx 1st credit finance chnaged its name to CAI finance limited. A copy of the notice of chnage is at page x to x. Subsequently on xx/xx/xx the debt was assigned to the claimant and a copy of thr notice of assignemnt is at pagex.

The claimant attempted to recover the debt from the claimant but to no avail. Attached at page x is the letter from connaught collections (a trading style of 1st credit limited) informing the defendant that the matter was being passed to walker morris solicitors foir the purposes of recivering the debt. on xx/xx/xx county court proceedings were issued at the county court business centre.

DEFENCE AND PROCEEDINGS

I refer to the defence dated xx/xx/xx. The defendant aserts that the particulars of claim are "vague" and that she requires proof of the claim; and that she requires disclosure documentation.

At pages xx to xx is the defendants CPR 31.14 request dated xx/xx/xx. At pahes xx to xx is the claimants letter to the defendant enclosing documentation. Although CPR 31 does not apply to this claim ( because its allocated to the samll claims track). the claimant did comply with the request nonetheless by disclosing documentation within its control and possession. Followign disclosure a furtehr letter was sent on xx/xx/xx (page x) informing the defendat of the claimants intention to apply for summary judgement. On xx/xx/xx the claimant made application and a hearing was listed on xx/xx/xx.

The claimnats application was based in the defence. In response to the application the defendant served a witness satement dated xx/xx/xx, raiasing new issues concerning the enforceability of the credit agreement, the validity of the default notice, and the effectiveness of the notice of assignment. A copy of the witness sattement and exhibits it at pages xx to xx. Given the new issues raised the application was withdrawn.

In respect of the issues raised in the witness satement of xx/xx/xx, the claimants position is as follows:-

a. The defendabt admots thate she "held accounts with the halifax".

b. The signed application form at page x refers to the same terms and conditions and is executed by the defendant and the halifax plc. I refer to the case of HSBC Bank Plc V Brophy [2011] ALL ER (D) 25 (FEB) which held that by signing and retirning the application form the applicant was applying for credit and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions to satisfy the requiremnets of section 61 of the consumer credit act 1974. The form at page x makes clear that it contained a request for credit and upon signing the defendant agreed to be legally bound by the terms.

c. The default notice at page xx to xx is in compliance with section 88 of the consumer credit act 1974. I refer to paragraph 9 above in respect of the defect in the termination notice and confirm that the defendant has not disclosed evidence that she would have remedied the breach within the notice period.

d. the balance of the debt is evident from the statements and the payment history at page x.

e. The wrong notices of assigment were incorrectly referred to in the summary judgement application and the correct notices are at pages xx to xx.

f. The claimant contends that it has complied with its duty under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974 and in light of the case of Carey vs HSBC Bank plc and other cases [2009] EWHC 3417 (QB) by supplying true copies of the credit agreement to the defendant.

CONCLUSION

The defendant rasies technical arguments in order to avoid payment of the debt. She does not deny incurring the debt and/using the credit card to purchase goods or services

I submit that judgement should be entered against the defendant together with fixed costs awarded as follows:

a court issue fee £80

b Solicitor costs £100

c Hearing fee £110

Staement of truth

etc

etc

And if you could post the final draft of your Witness Statement.....in response to the above.

In the process of writing this as we speak, I shall post as soon as possible.

Also if I have to submit WS to court and claimant 14 days before hearing does that mean 14 working days (not indicated in the directions)

Many thanks

Ok, here's what I have so far,

I realy dont know if Im on the right tracks with this,

also I think I shot myself in the foot, as at summary judgement

the cliamant had submitted a computer screen shot of alleged default notcie with names dates and amounts blanked out,

I then cleverly decided that I would submit the actual default notice as part of my defence as this was not meeitng section 88 of the consumer credit act,

and account was terminated one day short

. Surprise, surpirse, the claimant has now submitted this defaukt notice as part of witness statement.

The claimant claims that it has now supplied me with the relevant documentation required and complied with its duty under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974.

In doing so, the claimant relies on the document attached at page X to which the claimant refers to as the signed agreement.

I refer to the text at the top of this document, titled “Credit Card Application”.

I further draw your attention, to the legibility of this application.

I refer to section 61(1) of the consumer credit act “ A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless:

a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and the document embodies all the terms of the agreement other then implied terms and the document is when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible”.

I further request the claimant to evidence where in the document it meets the requirement under section 65(1) of the consumer credit Act 1974

A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit”.

In so making its claim the claimant refers to Carey v HSBC Bank plc in that it has supplied the defendant with true copies of the credit agreement

, I refer to point x of page x of the terms and conditions attached to the application form which the claimant claims was signed on xx/xx/2002

“ What happens if you break the agreement

If you or an additional cardholder break the agreement we will charge you for any losses… you must also pay the following account maintenance fees £20.00 if you do not make the minimum payment by the due date, £20.00 if your account balance is over the credit limit, £20.00 each time a direct debit, cheque, or other item is not paid when presented for payment.”

I refer to page x of the enclosed statements as part of the claimants claim; titled statement date xx/xx/2006. In particular I refer to the late fee dated xx/xx/2006 for the amount of £25.00, and also on page x a further late fee of £25.00 dated xx/xx/2006.

It is my view that the claimant is unable to provide a copy of the terms and conditions at the time it claims this account was opened.

On xx/xx/xx the claimant filed a claim for summary judgement,

following representation of my witness statement, the claimant wrote to me advising me that in light of my evidence it would withdraw its application for summary judgement,

I refer to page x. On xx/xx/xx I received a letter from Romford County Court advising me the claim had been allocated to the small claims track,

and that a hearing had infact taken place on xx/xx/xx before district judge xxxxxx,

and therefore highlighting my failure to attend the hearing, despite being given notice.

The claimant also contends that it had mistraced an address to which it claims, all notices of assignment were posted, and that this has now been rectified,

I refer to the claimants witness satemet for summary judgement from pages xx to xx.

In particular I refer to page x of the claimants witness statement in support of summary judgement,

and highlight the date at which the claimant claims the account was opened, as this is clearly different to the date quoted in this witness statement.

Also this section at the appropriate part.....

In so making its claim the claimant refers to Carey v HSBC Bank plc in that it has supplied the defendant with true copies of the credit agreement,

I refer to point x of page x of the terms and conditions attached to the application form which the claimant claims was signed on

If you or an additional cardholder break the agreement we will charge you for any losses… you must also pay the following account maintenance fees £20.00 if you do not make the minimum payment by the due date, £20.00 if your account balance is over the credit limit, £20.00 each time a direct debit, cheque, or other item is not paid when presented for payment.”

I refer to page x of the enclosed witness statements as part of the claimants claim; titled statement date xx/xx/2006.

In particular I refer to the late fee dated xx/xx/2006 for the amount of £25.00, and also on page x a further late fee of £25.00 dated xx/xx/2006.

I refer to page x of the claimants witness statement in particular point x

“ A copy of the signed agreement is at page x and the terms and conditions applicable at the time are at pages x to x.”

It is my view that the claimant is unable to provide a copy of the terms and conditions at the time it claims this account was opened.

Any guidance please?

I need to complete the final draft of this today, as I need to file by Monday at the latest, any further guidance on this will be much appreciated just to give me an indication as to whether I'm on the right tracks or not.

Many thanks

Also half the account is made up of charges and ppi should the judge rule in favour of the claimant am I still able to dispute these charges and ppi etc?

I would advise you tidy it a little stressed...requires the relevant headings Claimant v Defendant Court Claim number and must be headed Witness Statement of the defendant and your name.

Add paragraphs and numbers and space it for easy reading....then I will look at it again.

And yes you can seek redress on your PPI and charges should the claimant attain judgment in this claim.

Regards

Andy

IN THE COUNTY COURT AT xxxxx CLAIM NO xxxxxxx

BETWEEN

1st CREDIT (FINANCE) LIMITED

and

xxxxx

Witness Statement of xxx

I xxxxx, of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, the defendant will state as follows:

1.The claimant claims that it has now supplied me with the relevant documentation required and complied with its duty under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974. In doing so, the claimant relies on the document attached at page X to which the claimant refers to as the signed agreement.

2.I refer to the text at the top of this document, titled “Credit Card Application”. I further draw your attention, to the legibility of this application. I refer to section 61(1) of the consumer credit act “ A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless:

a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and the document embodies all the terms of the agreement other then implied terms and the document is when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible”.

3. The document which the claimant relies upon to bring enforcement action does not contain the required terms under the consumer credit agreements, and consequently is unenforceable.

4. I further request the claimant to evidence where in the document it meets the requirement under section 65(1) of the consumer credit Act 1974 “A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit”.

5. In so making its claim the claimant refers to Carey v HSBC Bank plc in that it has supplied the defendant with true copies of the credit agreement, I refer to point x of page x of the terms and conditions attached to the application form which the claimant claims was signed on 26/03/2002

6. I refer to page x of the enclosed statements as part of the claimants claim; titled statement date xx/xx/2006. In particular I refer to the late fee dated xx/xx/2006 for the amount of £25.00, and also on page x a further late fee of £25.00 dated xx/xx/2006.

7. I refer to page x of the claimants witness statement in particular point x “ A copy of the signed agreement is at page x and the terms and conditions applicable at the time are at pages x to x.”

8. It is my view that the claimant is unable to provide a copy of the terms and conditions at the time it claims this account was opened. I refer to judge Waksman judgement in Carey v HSBC, paragraph 234(4) “If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, the creditor must still provide a copy of the original agreement, as well as the varied terms”.

9 .On xx/xx/xx the claimant filed a claim for summary judgement, following representation of my witness statement, the claimant wrote to me advising me that in light of my evidence it would withdraw its application for summary judgement, I refer to page x. On xx/xx/xx I received a letter from Romford County Court advising me the claim had been allocated to the small claims track, and that a hearing had infact taken place on xx/xx/xx before district judge xxxxxx, and therefore highlighting my failure to attend the hearing, despite being given notice.

10. The claimant also contends that it had mistraced an address to which it claims, all notices of assignment were posted, and that this has now been rectified, I refer to the claimants witness statement for summary judgement from pages xx to xx. The address to which the letters are addressed, clearly different to the address to which this claim relates, and to which the claimant claims “remains the defendants current address”.

11. It is denied that notices of assignment were ever received.

12 . I refer to page x of the claimants witness statement in support of summary judgement, and highlight the date at which the claimant claims the account was opened, as this is clearly different to the date quoted in this witness statement.

13. To date the claimant has failed to provide a valid agreement, therefore, with the courts permission, the claimant is put to strict proof:

A. Show and disclose how the defendant has entered into an agreement

B. Show and disclose how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for

C. Prove that notices of assignment were ever sent to the defendant

14.. In the circumstances, until such time that the claimant can comply and evidence the above pursuant to the CCA1974 I invite the Court to deny the claimants claim.

Statement of Truth

The defendant believes that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true

Signed

Edited by Andyorch
formatting/additions.

OK, so this is my final draft, Id like to egt this sent off tomorrow, or same day on Monday, as in court on 24th July. I feel I should mention about the default notice here, however, not sure what exactly to say, other then it does not meet section 88 of consumer credit act, and was terminated one day before, however, as the claimant points out, the account was not infact terminated by the OC as they continued to add charges and interst after termination of the account, which was later rectified.....

Many Thanks in advance

I have popped some spacing in to make it easier to read.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D