style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is not clear from your post that you had moved?

we also cant be mind readers......

Maybe you would become a better and more competent user of the site if you attended a course in telepathy ..

Benefits are not classed as income for council tax reduction purposes, as 9/10, the fact someone is receiving benefits means they need help.

a private pension is sadly, but is something that if a benefit recipient got, would also effect how much benefit they get and thus council tax reduction

if a private pension income is more £ for £ than benefit income even someone that was on benefits would not get it either

you are not alone.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 28/02/2020 at 22:15, BazzaS said:

And this weeks Entry for “Website’s most passive aggressive posting” is ...... CMW’s post, above.

CMW : do you think such a post makes people more or less likely to contribute info / offer help?

I am not an aggressive person. You are completely wrong.

I am a gentle, soft hearted and caring person.

Twenty months ago I met a lovely woman who had been beaten up, raped and robbed by a nasty man.

She says I am a good man, very kind and not aggressive in the slightest.

Please explain why you think the opposite when you don't know me at all.

Passive aggressive, rather than overt aggressive.

If your friend thinks the best of you, get her to review your posts (& not just the recent ones), and let her find a kind way to tell you why, based on your posts, people can conclude you are (at best) passive aggressive. I base this on your postings.

Again, look at how you “kicked back” at Dx.

Additionally, if you are so kind hearted, why is it clear you are still bitter at your ex?

Was it not you destroying assets to spite them?

why are you deliberately selling assets at an undervalue (by your own admission)?

Hi Bassa S and thanks for your totally incorrect and insulting reply.

Since I moved to Caerphilly I have spent a lot of money on my house.

I’ve had the external walls re-rendered, the roof tiles replaced and new felt

and battens.

I’ve had cavity wall insulation installed and new windows and doors.

I’ve had a two story extension built on the gable end of my house consisting

of a new kitchen and another bedroom.

I’ve had a driveway installed so I can park my car off road.

Despite these improvements you have accused me of disposing of assets with

the intention of claiming council tax reduction.

I have asked Caerphilly Council if my spending money on improving my house amounts to asset disposal for the purposes of claiming Council Tax Reduction.

They said that improving my house is not considered to be asset disposal in order to be entitled to a reduction in my Council Tax.

Therefore you are completely wrong.

However, if you think that spending money to improve your property is asset disposal then I stand corrected.

I am certain that spending my money to improve my property and bring it up to modern standards of heat insulation is not against Council rules.

However you seem to suggest otherwise based upon your complete ignorance of the facts.

I would like to accuse you of being thick.

However, I cannot do that because that would be an insult to the intelligence quotient

Edited by BankFodder
Offensive language has been removed

Hi

Irrespective that you moved from South Gloucestershire to Caerphilly the Caerphilly Council would be fully aware of everything that happened with South Gloucestershire Council as your file is passed from one to the other when you apply for Council Tax as when you apply to your new council they will request all information from your previous council.

The asset that you sold to your son for less than the valuation your new council will also be fully aware of.

Private Pensions/Occupational Pension when they are over a certain £ amount are treated as Income by the Council in their assessment for CTR.

IF you have a council tax debt with your previous council it will follow you to your new council although it will be your previous council chasing you for that debt (note that is only if you have a debt with your previous council)

CTR as has been mention is different for each council, have you asked for a copy of their CTR Policy or checked their website to see if it is available to download.

If you are having the same issues with your new council and been refused CTR have you considered sending them a SAR.

Every time you have spoken to the council and have been told XYZ has this been in writing which I hope it is. If it is from an unrecorded phone call discussion from a council officer on the phone then you it will be your word against their word so do you have evidence of what you have stated has been said.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group