Jump to content

How to transfer CPR 8 proceedings to CPRpart 7

mike howie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


Can anybody tell me how to make an application to transfer procedings started in CPR 8 to main stream CPR part 7, What application form or form of words should I use ? Do I need the court's permission?

what happens of court refuses permission to transfer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPR 8.1(3) gives the court the power to change from Part 8 to Part 7.


I'm not sure why you would need to do this though, what are the facts here? I can't imagine there are many cases where it's necessary to formally change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the need to introduce experts evidence and feel witness statements are ot best suited to getting full disclosure , facts are growing into disputed items so rather tahn narrow issues , the isssues are growing and need to be fully aired.


looking to undertsand how to drive the change rather than simply be led by court.


What would prevent the courts power under CPR 8.1(3)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies and Gents,


Can anyone conform if part 7 pleadings need a statement of truth include at the end of the pleadings or are statements of truth only for witness statements.?

Can anyone help?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there.


This is the case of the lady who claimed for her time, isn't it? Case law is quite a wide definition, please could you tell us what type of cases you're looking for?



Hi honeybee ,

yes but also claimed for intentional distress as well, harassment.


There is a case Norweb Plc -v- Dixon [1995] 1 WLR 636 but cannot find any legal case law on it. Does someone have a link to the proceedings?


But I am generally looking for similar of other cases of loss and or harassment or breach of contract via non performance etc. So my query is quite broad.


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. It seems a little odd.


Would the following do, or is there a better way to express the request to the court?

"In accordance with CPR rule 8.1(3) The Claimant seeks the court leave/permission to transfer the matter to CPR part 7.Claim."

Anyone care to comment

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the OP needs to make a formal application using form N244 and pay the fee of £80.00.



Why was it started as a Part 8 in the first place?



Thanks guys.


So as i understand it guys

1. N244 application + £80.00fee

2. Attached order along the lines " In accordance with the courts power pursuant to CPR rule 8.1(3) t he Claimant seeks the court leave/permission to transfer the matter to CPR part 7.Claim."

3. Witness statement basically asking for the words in the order

4. In addition Witness statement to provide explanation behind the request.

5. witness statement must have a truth statement. be dated and signed

What about agreeing with other party?

How likely will court agree to the transfer? In other words what objections would the ourt have

to prevent?

Possible costs in the matter?

Anything else I may be missing?

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...