BPO Collections (Sky)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've already had a search around the pages here and have seen plenty about this collection agency, but just wanted to confirm that the best course of action is to totally ignore them?

I closed my account with Sky back in September 2013 and as far as I am aware had no outstanding payments due. BPO have started calling on my mobile semi-regularly (once or twice a week) and have sent a couple of emails (although these went straight into my junk folder).

Thus far I haven't answered the phone nor responded to the emails - if I should be doing anything to the contrary, it would be great to know.

Thanks guys!

check with sky directly.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

An update on this... I've continued to receive calls / emails as I described in my first post, but have now received a letter as well. This was actually from a completely different company, called "Past Due Credit Solutions".

It has "FORMAL DEMAND' at the top and says I need to pay the outstanding amount by a certain date to avoid further calls / costs etc. Shall I ignore this as well?

Thanks in advance!

PDCS are just another Monkey outfit that likes to send out big scary looking letters - these mainly have red crayon at the top.

How much is Sky after?

Did you contact Sky as advised earlier?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Unbelievably, it's only £15!

Deffo ignore then and let them waste half a tree on you.

Might be best though to have a look at your Credit File just to see if a default marker has been applied.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Remind them, that they (Sky) are solely responsible for the actions of their chosen third party DCA, this includes their continued harassment, which you have recorded by date and time, and have added your costs to each of these calls, currently £18 LiP costs, should they feel the need to pursue this through the courts.

If you've not already, send these jokers PDCS the telephone harassment letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!