style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This morning I had a visit from a bailiff from JBW Group who had clamped my car parked on private property.

I had not had any previous visits from them and they had not previously levied the goods (car) via a signed walking possession order.

As he clamped the car without this would this be classed as illegal as it is an abandoned levy?

What he did provide me with was a notice of seizure of goods & inventory.

I explained to him that my circumstances were classed as vulnerable

and that I could put a payment plan in place.

He informed me that he would have to speak to his manager.

Meanwhile I went inside and printed out some documents to prove my vulnerability.

I went outside to give him these documents and discussed a payment plan.

I was prepared to offer £50 per month (given that I am currently not working).

He laughed and stated he would be able to accept £50 per week,

and there is no way I can afford that.

Amazingly however, he did agree to remove the clamp!?!?!?

However, he did stated that the case would still be live and he wouldn't be sure when the next visit would be,

could be later today,

tomorrow,

but I got the impression maybe not him (would he be passing it over to another bailiff?)

- perhaps he was concerned about the whole vulnerability aspect?

Immediately after he went I phoned their office at 8am and explained the situation

and emailed a letter over to them explaining my circumstances of the vulnerability

(suffering from stress and depression for 2 years and now being classed as disabled

due to this having had to have my employment terminated in Dec 2013 as a direct result).

I also sent letters to TfL (Head of Contracted Services & also their Director for Congestion Charging

& Traffic Enforcement Directorate for whom I managed to get the name of the Director).

I sent these by secure recorded & signed deliver and guaranteed next day delivery.

I also copied the letter I sent to JBW to TfL as well as sending the letter to JBW in hard copy.

Within both letters I included all my evidence as proof of situation.

The fees listed on the Notice of Siezure of Goods& Inventory are listed as:

PCN & Court Costs £202

Sending a letter £11.20

Levy/attendance to levy £57 (I have had no previous visit from them, so I am confused about this)

Other £175 (what does this mean?)

VAT £48.64

TOTAL £493.84

Later today at 3pm and 8.30pm I received 2 further knocks,

this time I had parked the car away from the house and did not answer.

Is it possible that they would revisit my property another 2 times today?

Any general advice on the situation gratefully received and advice on fees would be good.

Also, the continued visit are making me very stressed and adding to my general state of ill-health.

Thanks for you help in advance!

Had you received any previous notices from TfL such as the Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery?

If so, did you appeal the PCN or was there a specific reason why you had not paid at the discounted rate?

How old is the car and is it on finance?

Roughly how much is the car worth?

I need to check but it is my understanding that TfL do NOT permit their bailiffs to charge an 'attending to remove' fee to debtors accounts at an initial visit.

This is the notorious JBW the ANPR Kings we are dealing with here so a brace of ATR is their MO.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!