Another GE Money nightmare

ynys60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've already started a thread in the repossessions forum section, but thought this section might be more appropriate for this question.

GE are asking for a court date to ask for repossession claiming £6000+ arrears, I have to admit we have missed about 3 payments over the years, but this would add up to £960 (£320 per month). The £6000 "arrears" from what I've gleaned on this website is mostly made up of unlawful charges.

looking at our last statement each month looks something like this : Monthly installment £320 which is fine, we owe that. But on top they add: Admin fee £40, Modified contract amount £24.24, Interest £126.83, additional interest £21.28, PPI (miss sold) £24.24. At that rate we'll never pay off the loan.

So my question is, how many of those charges are "unlawful" and what do I do about it.

Look forward to any help, thanks.

Have you taken steps to reclaim the mis sold PPI ?

I would think the admin charges are unlawful - not sure what the modified contract fee is (is this a monthly charge ? - in which case it is probably a new way of earning money). The interest on those charges would be reduced when the charges are reclaimed - interest itself is not unlawful.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you taken steps to reclaim the mis sold PPI ?

I would think the admin charges are unlawful - not sure what the modified contract fee is (is this a monthly charge ? - in which case it is probably a new way of earning money). The interest on those charges would be reduced when the charges are reclaimed - interest itself is not unlawful.

I haven't taken steps to make any claims yet, but will do so. The"Modified contract fee" is a monthly charge, the interest on a monthly basis seems very high? Would the extra interest be lawful?

• 2 weeks later...

After 28 days, GE Money start to add interest to the charges at the same rate as the loan. That interest should be reclaimed.

Are you any further forward with your claim?

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

After 28 days, GE Money start to add interest to the charges at the same rate as the loan. That interest should be reclaimed.

Are you any further forward with your claim?

GE were seeking a warrant for eviction, we managed to borrow £6K to pay them the arrears so this should be cancelled. I haven't decided about a claim yet, but I really should get going on it. It's a pity you can't claim for the stress of dealing with these awful people!

Make sure you get the possession order cancelled, that way, if you fall into arrears again, they would have to apply for a new order, and not rely on the one they already hold.Good luck.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Having just spent the best part of an hour on the phone with the complete********** that are GE Money I now feel about ready to explode! Basically they applied for eviction and got their date, 26th of this month, they said if we give them the £6100 in arrears the eviction would be cancelled, we sent them a cheque which cleared last Friday. They also sent us a letter telling us that when we advised them that the funds were cleared they would cancel the order, I've told them the funds are cleared but they won't cancel the order, they also won't check to see if the funds are cleared until Friday. This is getting too close to the eviction date for comfort. Is there anything else I can do? I've kept to my part of the agreement, obviously GE Money don't feel obligated to do like wise. I shouldn't have to lose my home when I've cleared the arrears as asked.

You need to apply for a hearing N244 as urgently as possible and copy that letter and include that in your application............ you reason for asking for the hearing is . THE JUDGE WONT BE BEST PLEASED WHEN HE READ THAT!!!! typical GE....... if its any consolation, they can add these fees on a monthly basis, and if they are nto paid what they actually do, is deduct the fees and charges from your CPM ( contractual monthly payment) and pay the fees and charges, but do not tell you, and you think its those and not actual arrears........

The judge will advise to to write to GE and complain and also recalaim from them and if they refuse he will tell you that you can use the courts for this :):)...

Can I also suggest you contact shelter they are also awesome, and in many cases do the paperwork for you............

hope this is of some help

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin: