Mate is on JS and is ill for a course...

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mate was suppose to go on this course last week and was ill but phoned in to say he was ill and the guy said he COULD lose his benefits?!

Surely that is not right to punish him he IS ill! He is a panic as we speak so I need some advice on what to say to him? I've never been ill so I wouldn't know what to say...

thank u :)

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Sounds about right, god forbid you are genuinely ill and cannot attend a course or appointment - anything so they can sanction you. "Hello is that JCP? I am calling on behalf of my son XXXXX, he was admitted to hospital last night with a heart attack" ... "OK, thanks for letting me know" ..... fast forward a week, sanction letter. I bet it happens!

If he is sanctioned for being ill, then that will be cause for a serious complaint.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If he expects the illness to last less than 14 days he should obtain form JSA28 to declare a short period of sickness. This should protect him from sanctions, but he needs to do it ASAP. I think the form is available online, or it can be collected from the Jobcentre.

If the illness will last more than 14 days, he would need to claim ESA instead.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thx for the advice everyone!

Me mate has an interview nxt wk on Thursday. He is ill AGAIN over this now. It don't sound right HE gets his money (probly) taken away because he was ILL? I've never been ill on Jobseekers and prob NEVER will after his probs! :/

He said he will FIGHT it tho!

Any more advice is gratefully received:|...!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Thx for the advice everyone!

Me mate has an interview nxt wk on Thursday. He is ill AGAIN over this now. It don't sound right HE gets his money (probly) taken away because he was ILL? I've never been ill on Jobseekers and prob NEVER will after his probs! :/

He said he will FIGHT it tho!

Any more advice is gratefully received:|...!

Well, while claiming Jobseekers you can declare two short periods of illness within any one year. The year starts from the date the claim was made, and each period of illness must be 14 days or less. To do this, you must complete form JSA28 and once that's been processed, you will be exempted from jobseeking requirements for the period covered by the form.

If you are ill for longer than 14 days, or if you are ill more than twice in the one year period, you would need to claim ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) and to do this you would need a sick note from your doctor.

(I know you're asking on behalf of a friend, it's just easier to say "you" than "your friend", if you see what I mean.)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.