Dead OEM Radio/satnav

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My VW Tiguan is fitted with a Radio , satnav, media player unit , this is a £1700 extra on the car , the car is 3 yrs 3 m old , forgot to take out exended warantee ,so kicking ones self .a direct purchace replacement is around £2k

Question is

Could I expect any recorse under sale of goods regs , should I challenge

VW for poor quality equipment ?

My VW Tiguan is fitted with a Radio , satnav, media player unit , this is a £1700 extra on the car , the car is 3 yrs 3 m old , forgot to take out exended warantee ,so kicking ones self .a direct purchace replacement is around £2k

Question is

Could I expect any recorse under sale of goods regs , should I challenge

VW for poor quality equipment ?

what model of radio is it and what exactly is it doing.

The radio is a RNS510 , the radio is dead , it has been looked at by a repairer recommended by VW , BBR Remain in Rochester , they say the radio is beyond repair

The car was bought 10 months old from a VW dealer , the radio is a factory fit extra , the car first reg November 2010

I can get a replacement unit , guaranteed , from ebay for just over £500

so if VW got you to goto a repairer and get a report on it

what has happened sincewith VW once they had this report?

if they indicated go get a report

to me that 'appears' they are taking the right approach

though, ofcourse, your claim under SOGA is against the dealer not VW

but don't reject heir help.

they can be very good.

is the dealer aware of the issue?

yes I would say between the two of them, they should repair/replace it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so if VW got you to goto a repairer and get a report on it

what has happened sincewith VW once they had this report?

if they indicated go get a report

to me that 'appears' they are taking the right approach

though, ofcourse, your claim under SOGA is against the dealer not VW

but don't reject heir help.

they can be very good.

is the dealer aware of the issue?

yes I would say between the two of them, they should repair/replace it.

dx

Only found out Friday the unit was beyond repair , yet to follow up with VW/Dealer

Previous experience shows with a lot of prodding VW do eventually come across

Will keep the thread updated as time goes by

In the mean time I have got a "new "with guarantee unit of higher spec from ebay , as sat nav and radio are essential to me , the "New "unit will sell with ease when the matter is resolved

In the mean time I have got a "new "with guarantee unit of higher spec from ebay , as sat nav and radio are essential to me , the "New "unit will sell with ease when the matter is resolved

Yes, it might but part of any goodwill with all manufacturers is that they keep the faulty parts so you need to ensure that the original is fitted if VW agree to change it or else you will lose your "new" unit.

now spoken to dealer , and true to form referred me to VW customer service , I did point out that SOGA applies to them as the supplying dealer , Their opinion was , better to speak to VW direct first ,then they get involved ,I now have the unit back so off to the dealer for them to tell me what I already know .

for future info this is the company that carry out repairs on this type of equipment may help other forum readers

http://www.bba-reman.com/UK/

VW customer service is not actually what it seems. It's a contracted out service to I think Mondial.

To get to VW UK themselves is a protracted process. You need to complain to Martin Winterkorn, VW's CEO in Wolfsburg by e mail. This then gets referred to VW in Milton Keynes sot then you are actually talking to VW.

The contact centre for VW customer relations is based in Bradford.

When composing an e mail to Herr Winterkorn you need to have evidence it is an issue with the vehicle line otherwise it will be treated as an expected fail world wide and is a random calculation.

Quoting SOGA will not help either and they hold all the cards here i.e. if yours is the only failure on so many units produced they will dig their heels in. VW usually settle on a percentage contribution so expect an offer of around 75% initially.

They have been known to roll over though and pay the full amount after pressure.

Just make sure you have the original unit fitted to the car.

I take it, it has a full VW service history?