style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

I am currently in correspondence with the DVLA regarding them releasing my info to a PPC, part of which I asked under what circumstances they gave for applying for my info.

The reply that came back was that PPC 'A' actually applied for my info via a 3rd party, in fact another PPC, we will call PPC 'B'. Therefore my personal details have been released to another PPC who has no verifiable interest as required by the rules set down for the release of info by the DVLA. The DVLA actually state that this is common practice amongst PPC's due to the cost of setting up the electronic link between a PPC and the DVLA.

My question therefore is this practice legal or legitimate under the Data Protection Act or has an offence been committed by the nature that my information has been shared with a 3rd party?

Interestingly, although I have pointed out several ways that PPC 'A' is acting in flagrant breach of their rules, such as passing on a disputed debt to a DCA the DVLA have stated that they are not interested and I should contact the BPA! So how are therefore policing PPC's as they keep telling the Public? Slopey shoulders syndrome....

Regards,

Yorky

Yes it is legit for a third party who is a ATA member and on the AOS to apply for keeper details, as long as the PPC is also an ATA AOS member. As the DVLA have quoted it saves the PPC the expense of having a electronic link themselves.

Can I take a guess "Ranger services"

In these circumstances the "sharing" of data, or perhaps more accurately the obtaining and passing of it to a third-party PPC is likely to be legal and permitted under the provisions of the BPA AOS CoP. However, when it comes to actions of PPC's that breach the CoP we should keep in mind that breaches of it are also likely to be breaches of the individual KADOE contracts that each and every PPC has signed with the DVLA. Besides complaining to the DVLA about CoP breaches we should be ensuring that we point out that this is likely to amount to a breach of the KADOE as well. They might be able to shuffle off the CoP complaint as being the domain of the BPOA but they will not be able to pass off the breach of KADOE contract quite as easily.