Help and advice wanted

rob14973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Long story

i owe a solicitor £500 after they messed up the calculations during a house sale.

i moved house and they have caught up with me and want the £500.

they have threatend me with with court action etc.

i have started paying them back £50 a month which i can afford however they are wanting me to disclose my household income as they wont agree for me to pay back installments unitll i do.

They have sent me another letter saying if i don't disclose they will carry on with court procedings.

couple of questions

Do i have to disclose my household income?

The reason i don't want to is i have just changed jobs and don't want them contacting my employer as it looks quite bad i owe money.

If im ringing up on a monthly basis and paying can they still take me to court?

Help required

Thanks

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi welcome to CAG,

You are under no obligation to provide this, nor do you have to name your employer.

This seems like a lot of posturing over £500.00 and as you are paying back regularly

a court would be unlikely to make you pay more

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for the reply. I only made the first payment last month when i received the letter and i will be making another Monday when i get paid. However i don't want them to go to court and end up with a CCJ even though im paying them back.

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

I think this just threatening behaviour from the solicitors, it is your decision to send I&E data, but if you do it should be your data only Not the household income, all the out goings set against your net income.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think they are threatening to be honest but there is always doubt. If they took me to court they will only get the same amount anyway. There is only my wage anyway as the other half is newly self employed and has no wage. I just don't want to disclose my new employer.

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi robs

If they continue to be 'stubborn' and continue to harass you,

tell them you will report them to http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page. Do it in writing, not over the phone. Tell them you will not be 'blackmailed'.

If you are disputing the monies owed, then:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the-public/paying-for-legal-services/

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

Hi thanks for the reply's.

Im not really disputing the money owed. I have had a check where the debt came from and is as follows.

The solicitors was dealing with my house sale and for some reason or another paid the morgage company over £500 short. So they took it upon themselves to pay the shortfall themselves and then recover the money from me.

I phoned them last month to say i would pay £50 a month but the lady who took payment said she could not personally authorise it you need to speak to someone else but they are not available. Then i get a letter asking to list income and expenditure which i ignored. Then 3 weeks later get another one saying if i dont fill it in then they will continue with court proceedings.

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1