• Tweets

• click create in the top red banner   dx  
    • ok but that doesn't give us dates.....  
    • DD cancelled roughly a month after they stopped taking payment. Last used the gym a day before they closed. Used it almost daily. 
    • Don't bother with what Trading Standards tell you about this - we've had far more experience in dealing with gym m/ships over the years.   1. Have you cancelled the DD mandate - if so, when ?   2. When did you last use the gym, approximately.
    • I sent them their quote which outlined the 8-10 weeks start to finish.  Their response is also below.  I placed the order 1st Sept and would have been ok with a couple of weeks here or there as I know delays can be experienced due to others in the chain/weather etc but Feb was too much. I hadn't thought to contact the council re the Building Regs, will do that tomorrow.  At this stage I've only paid the deposit on credit card but it's £2k. The next payments are in stages and they will not accept cards.  Their advice re delays on 29/9 was in response to me asking if we had an install date.  The same day they were advertising for fitters. Their refusal to get their director to call me or make an appointment is making me nervous of continuing.  I woke this morning thinking I would go ahead as we hit it off when he came round but if his administrator has enough clout to stop me talking to him she must be a member of the family as well.     "We did advise a 8 – 10 week installation process from survey which was on the 07/09/2020 so working on this lead time your installation date is due on the week commencing 16/11/2020.   We then advised on 29/09/2020 there is unfortunate delays and I gave you a worst case scenario date as depending on the delivery times this could well be brought forward but we also have to consider we have a 2 week festive holidays.   You still have not been able to provide me with written confirmation that Collin, Davina or Lisa have stated this installation will happen before Christmas. So the delay is unfortunately 8 weeks with the potential of being sooner than this, I just can’t give you an exact installation date hence why I gave a worst case scenario."
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

NHS employer - maternity return to work less hours

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1849 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Maybe old managed is p'ed off about the sick leave?

Maybe Im missing you're point here? It is?

Maybe but not as peed off as my wife is being ill for the last few years. Happens to the best of us unfortunately.

But then we employment laws in this country to stop managers having a bit of a strop and going off on one because its inconvenient for them.

I was not agreeing with the manager's actions, far from it. I was pointing to a common cause for a manager to go on a vendetta, which could be mentioned when complaining about the manager's actions to HR. Harassment of employees due to personal feelings is reprehensible, and in this case appears to be preventing your wife from earning - almost a message to your wife of 'You don't come to work when I need you to, then I'll stop you being able to work when you need to'.

Surely registration should be a HR issue anyway? I've always provided those things to HR not my line manager.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Its sounding more and more like a personal crusade with this manager, who seems to be acting on what her opinion is rather the official backing of the health board. Beginning to doubt the authenticity of some of the claims/threats being made.

Every message board I see you on, you seem to be very angry about something.

The problem seems to have gone away. Hurrah! How the powers that be deal with it is up to them; there is no longer an impact on your world. And all it took was a letter. GOOD NEWS!

Is your wife returning to work soon in her new position? Maybe you could send her here to post for herself so we can offer some positive support that might be constructive for getting off to a good start....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I was not agreeing with the manager's actions, far from it. I was pointing to a common cause for a manager to go on a vendetta, which could be mentioned when complaining about the manager's actions to HR. Harassment of employees due to personal feelings is reprehensible, and in this case appears to be preventing your wife from earning - almost a message to your wife of 'You don't come to work when I need you to, then I'll stop you being able to work when you need to'.

Surely registration should be a HR issue anyway? I've always provided those things to HR not my line manager.

Looks like I will agree. Sorry I thought you were having a dig... :-)

Every message board I see you on, you seem to be very angry about something.

The problem seems to have gone away. Hurrah! How the powers that be deal with it is up to them; there is no longer an impact on your world. And all it took was a letter. GOOD NEWS!

Is your wife returning to work soon in her new position? Maybe you could send her here to post for herself so we can offer some positive support that might be constructive for getting off to a good start....

LOL. Thats what message boards are for :-)

Well it hasnt gone away yet. Thats part of the problem.

As I said shes started the training for new position. Reason I post for her and help is because she has a condition made worse by stress. So I try to lighten the load a little. Lets just say her employers actions are not exactly helping her attempts to get back to work......

Looks like I will agree. Sorry I thought you were having a dig... :-)

Never - it's not my style.

• Haha 1

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• 1 month later...

Wife recently went back to work after long term sick. Payroll managed to make a complete mess of her first months pay. £800 short. Worse still it has taken them 6 weeks to sort this out and its still not right.

But one thing and I'm sure its wrong. She works 16 hours per week. Her work week runs from Sunday to Sunday (With two days work anytime within this week).

So she advised them she would be back in work week commencing Sunday 19th July. So they said, ok that week Tuesday (21st) and Thursday please.

Now payroll are saying no you didn't start back until 21st so thats 5/7 of your normal weeks pay for that week. Surely thats not right? Shes still done her contracted hours for the week.

Lucky they didnt ask her to work Friday and Saturday then! Or it'd be 2/7 of a weeks pay. Anyone know what the legal position is for this?

Always hassle with payroll... Took months to sort out her pay when she was off sick.

You need to read her contract of employment and find out what that says. You don't state what NHS she works for and if they use Healthroster to work out payshifts. It sounds like the payroll department are unsure of your wife's work status.

Instead of dealing directly with payroll go through her line manager and HR and you should get a better result. (I've worked in the NHS in payroll and they are very limited as to what they can do without approval from a line manager or HR).

Nothing in contract of employment about this. I guess this is just the way they do it.

She works for Aneurin Bevan in Wales. Not sure about Healthroster.

Its complicated because, after long term sick, she got redeployed to a new department. So, despite us asking HR to sort it all out they never did (they are even more useless). Of course, old manager is now not interested at all.

Healthroster is an electronic system used to log shifts for staff. I can't help much with Wales as I know they have different terms and conditions.

It should say somewhere at the beginning of her contract how many hours per week she is required to work.

I see. Yes 16 hours per week. She worked a Tuesday and a Thursday that week for 16 hours. But payroll are saying she only went back to work on the Tuesday so only 5/7th pay that week.

Out argument is no - she was available to work for the whole week and did complete her hours so it should be a weeks pay. Like I said, if she'd worked friday and saturday then it'd be unfair to say she was only due 2/7 pay that week.

Its strange how they do it. They seem to base pay on number of days employed.

Well thats just it. She had a sick certificate which lasted longer. But when this new position was sorted she went to GP to get it cancelled in case employer asked for it. They didnt.

They need to see the sick certificate again to confirm the date ended at the start of her official working week rather than the day before she went back to work. That is what would make a big difference in the pay calculation.

They need to see the sick certificate again to confirm the date ended at the start of her official working week rather than the day before she went back to work. That is what would make a big difference in the pay calculation.

It doesn't matter when her sicknote finished (as long as it was before she actually worked). If she worked 16hrs she should get paid for 16hrs, not 5/7th's of 16rs.

It actually does in the NHS - I know because I've spent some time in Payroll dealing with sick notes and lost days pay. If her sick pay ended the day before she went to work then that is covered by the sick pay and she can't be paid for that time.

She won't have been paid any enhancements due because of being sick and maybe that is the issue - is she a day or night person? The enhancements are due the following week/month depending on if she is paid weekly or monthly.

The whole NHS pay system is a bit of a minefield, they had a great opportunity to standardise during the Agenda for Change period but didn't keep it simple. Plus you have local and regional differences and it also depends on the grade and whether the person is admin, nursing or scientific.

Well official response has come back.

Explained that wife made arrangements to be back at work for the entire week starting the Sunday. It was only after this was sorted that she was told, please work tuesday and thursday that week. Thats how it works because shes part time. You only work certain days of course.

BUT, they are saying, no you only started work on the Tuesday, so even though you the total hours in the week, our payroll system uses days so we're only paying 5/7th of the weeks pay.

Tried to point out that, by that rationale, if she'd worked friday and saturday they'd be paying her 2 days now. And if she'd known she'd have insisted on working the sunday to ensure the whole week was paid.

Stupid way to do things which doesnt work with part-time IMHO.

I think we're going to have to escalate this somehow.