• Tweets

• hi  this is the  4th  go  i have put the proper values in the poc  and date  haven't got a clue what i typed in first post lol  Particulars of Claim 1.the defendant owes the claimant £657.10 under a regulated loan agreement with money in advance ltd dated  25/07/ 2013 which was assigned to claimant on 12/05/2014 and notice of which was given to the defendant on  12/05/2014  (debt) 2.despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay.and the claimant claims £657.10 and further claims interest there on pursuant to section 69  of the county court act  1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at  the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £52.56 i presume   we dont  need to mention the irregularities in  the recon agreement  compared to the original   no proper copy of nos  and  no proper statement of account  to show how this debt has grown  no default notice  never been served  by original creditor  a notice of arrears. DEFENCE  the defendant contends that the poc  are vague and generic in nature  the claimant replied to a request made under a reply to a pre action protocol  letter of claim made on 19/11/2018 the reply contained  incomplete reconstitutions with irregularities in the  reconstituted agreement It is therefore considered that this is not a true copy of the executed agreement  and with documents missing from the list in my request a cpr 31.14 request was made to the claimants solicitor  dated  2/06/2019  in the reply dated 12/06/2019  they have not adhered to my request  and they  state clearly  cpr  rule 31. does not apply  the claimant has shown no evidence how the amount claimed has been reached  the claimant has shown no evidence of a legal right  to claim this debt therefore the claimant is  put to strict proof to   a) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for;  b show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.  
    • Current address.....previous known address.....are accepted where a defendant may be served.   How did the claimant know your place of work address ?  And what is your Boss doing opening post not addressed to him ?   I think we need full details of the nature of this claim.   See CPR 6.9   https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part06#6.3   Nature of defendant to be served  Place of service 1. Individual Usual or last known residence. 2. Individual being sued in the name of a business Usual or last known residence of the individual; or principal or last known place of business.          
    • https://www.gov.uk/government/news/review-of-blue-badge-fraud-as-scheme-is-extended-to-those-with-hidden-disabilities   https://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/media-centre/news/2019-06-14-blue-badge-what-happens-next.aspx
    • So how did they get that screenshot of your Credit File...  They must leave a marker when they do go on your credit file...
    • Yes that exactly, what it means is that all the dodgy evidence, rubbish POC etc can't be challenged.  Its an own goal that gives them an automatic easy win, and their evidence goes through without any rigorous investigation.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
horsemad1

Cash Genie charged £2300 interest whilst I was on a payment Plan - how do I get rid of them

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1935 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Absolutely fuming. I very stupidly took out a loan of £150 plus £45 interest total £195 with Cash Genie on 9th January 2010. I was already in financial difficulty and missed the payment; they added interest, charges and late payment fees to the tune of £72 each month which they said they would waive after much negotiation over a payment plan starting April 10 of £5 per month.

I continued paying this until the loan was paid off in June 2012 – or so I thought. I heard nothing further from them until March 2013 and out of the blue I got an email from them stating I had missed a payment, I was a little confused by this &wrote back to them saying that I did not owe anything and would not be paying them another penny and I got a series of emails saying I had a declined payment and that they would add interest.

This prompted me to log into my online account, something I had not done since 2010 and to my astonishment they had reapplied a new loan to me in April 2013 and added interest way back to January 2010 and the balance I owed at that point was £1903.91!!!!I immediately wrote back to them stating they had illegally taken out a loan in my name, added interest to a loan that had been repaid and that I would report them to the OFT & FOS. I got an email from them stating they would investigate and then nothing until this week, an email from Carter Forbes stating I now owe £2377.91!!!!

I made a complaint and their Compliance officer broke down what I paid and what they’d charged . I set up a Standing order in 2010 so they couldn’t get my bank details, but it finished 3 months earlier than it should of because I’d miscalculated when it should finish. I owe £14 because of it.

I am in no way intimidated by these idiots but it would appear ignoring them when I assumed they had retreated with their tails between their legs just makes them add interest of £45 per month without telling me and go quiet for a while.What is the best way to tackle them and get rid of them once and for all? I am prepared to pay the £14 but nothing more. Should I offer to pay £14 as my final offer and leave it at that?

I am also prepared to get the OFT and FOS involved. Any advice on best way to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by citizenB
spacing

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!

If you believe you have been treated unfairly by the PDL then you should send a formal complaint, initially to their Head office - if they fail to resolve this to your satisfaction then you should follow the instructions in the link above to make complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

If you have already made a complaint and they have blown you off, then they should have provided you with a final response letter - you can then make your complaint to the FOS.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!

If you believe you have been treated unfairly by the PDL then you should send a formal complaint, initially to their Head office - if they fail to resolve this to your satisfaction then you should follow the instructions in the link above to make complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

If you have already made a complaint and they have blown you off, then they should have provided you with a final response letter - you can then make your complaint to the FOS.

Thank you citizenb I made a complaint they said I had failed to keep up a payment plan and therefore added interest. However they fa to mention that they did not tell me I owed £14 or that they were adding interest, they also failed to mention that they fabricated me reconfirming a payment plan in 2012 so that they could fail it & add moe interest and that they retook out a loan in my name in April 2013 again so they could claim missed payments & more interest. Their final response was I can pay £379 instead of £2311.79 !!! So I think I prob have a good cause to complIn to the FOS. Thanks again

I would say yes, you do have good reason to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sign in to follow this