Holiday on the Work Programme

Sekhmet79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I know this may be a bit of an obvious answer but what do I do about having a 2 week holiday while on the work programme (Sarina Russo)? One of my pals booked a holiday cottage in Scotland for 2 weeks but cant go - I reluctantly volunteered (yeah right lol). The dates are Wednesday (5th March) until Wednesday 19th March. This would mean missing a signing day and no doubt an appointment or two with my WP adviser. So, what do I do? Is there a form to fill in and send off? What do I do about appointments with my WP adviser because when I see him tomorrow, no doubt he will make me another one then and there? Ive not had any holiday so this would be my first and Id like to take the 2 weeks all at once. Are there any forms I can print out and send off rather than go into my JCP?

Thanks xx

Yes, you can take a single break of up to two weeks within the UK and be exempted from normal jobseeking requirements for that period. That includes WP appointments, although you should inform your WP adviser of your plans, ideally before they make any more appointments for you.

There is a form to fill in, and it's probably available to print out online somewhere though I can't say where. Anyone else have any idea? However, given the short timescales involved, I'd say it might be better to drop in to the Jobcentre and sign it there and then.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Don't know where to find the form online either, so pop in to the Job Centre on your way to/from the WP appointment.

You must inform the Work Programme provider of the holiday dates - Draw up a short letter and hand it to the adviser tomorrow and insist on a receipt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

yes definitely make sure you inform your WP provider as my friend got sanctioned even though he filled out a holiday form and the jobcentre had oked it. apparently it was a case that ingeus did not put that he was on holiday into the system.

Not sure how it works with the WP, but you can certainly have a holiday from the job centre. when i did it you had to fill a form in, and aslong as promise to be able to be contacted by phone while you're away, and keep up with your job search you'll be fine. (even if you're not planning on doing job search) tell them you are. its less hassle that way.

Thanks everyone. I saw all your messages after my appointment and I think the holiday has been delayed a week or two but still need and appreciate the advice you have given me. One last question though, I have been told that I wont get paid until I come back and sign, is this true? I know when Ive had a 2 week sickness, I got paid on time during this sickness period without signing.

Thanks xx

Thanks everyone. I saw all your messages after my appointment and I think the holiday has been delayed a week or two but still need and appreciate the advice you have given me. One last question though, I have been told that I wont get paid until I come back and sign, is this true? I know when Ive had a 2 week sickness, I got paid on time during this sickness period without signing.

Thanks xx

I got paid when i had a holiday, but then i was only away for one week and didn't missing my signing on day. and i did promise to look for a job whilst away.