Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


remortging on working/child tax credits?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2289 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts




I have a mortgage I have had for 7 years. I am on a SVR rate of 4% and am concerned that the bank of England base rate will soon rise thus increasing my payments so want to get into a fixed deal.



I work and earn around 10k plus I receive working/child tax credits of £680 a month and DLA for my disabled daughter (only year left on this award though so doubtful they will take this into account) I also receive the standard child benefit and £100 a month maintenance which I can prove.



I need to borrow 130k although my property is worth about 185k.



Does anyone know if this is possible and if banks will take these kinds of benefits into consideration?



I have a good credit report and have never defaulted on a mortgage payment in 7 years.



Any advice would be great




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

if they take everything into account, I doubt you would be able to borrow much more than £85000, in the current climate







Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply

It seems crazy as I've been paying the mortgage for years in my current situation and haven't asked to borrow more plus I have good equity.



I feel quite stuck. Ideally I need to move to a ground floor property as my daughter is disabled but that's not possible. sometimes makes me feel as though I would be better off on full benefits and given a council property, which would be ground floor for this reason.



I'm wondering whether I would qualify for any of the government schemes but looking at them, I don't think I am.



Thanks anyway

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...