Hero to ZERO....

Gaz80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Firstly I dont expect or want sympathy for my plight.

Cut a long story short i was a very successful business owner that made a lot of money almost overnight...i then discovered drugs, alcohol and prescription drugs and ended up losing the lot and am now penny less with a wife that works 5 hours a week and an 18 yr old son that because of me suffers from depression.

I am going into gov funded detox and rehab in 2 weeks time for 4 months to deal with my problem and my depression , i have an outstanding claim for ESA and have not yet had and answer from them. I fully realize this situation is of my own doing and an hour does not go by where I dont regret my stupid actions.

Thankfully we do not have a mortgage but are really struggling to pay the bills etc....

I HOPE to get ESA.....will this happen ?

If i do get ESA it will not be enough for my family to live on whilst im away for four months in recovery..... is there anything else I or my wife can claim whilst im away ?

Many Thanks

We're not here to judge, don't worry.

Anyhow, alcoholism and drug issues can be an acceptable reason to receive ESA. While you are in rehab you should be placed in the Support Group and paid accordingly. You and your wife should also be able to claim Housing Benefit if you rent your home, and Council Tax Reduction (whether you own or rent your home).

Is your 18 year old son in receipt of any benefits?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi Gaz80

As Antone has says nobody is going to judge you. I hope your up and running after you've recovery.

Have you considered claiming back any PPI that might have been miss-sold to you as you were self-employed. You can also claim interest on it. Also if you've had Credit Card charges you can claim them back to with interest. If you have bank charges, you can make a 'Hardship' claim with your bank, if you need further help just ask. Hope your recovery goes well.

Any idea where i can get more info on "hardship" charges ?

It is one of the stickies in the Benefits & HMRC section -> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?125278-Your-bank-is-taking-your-benefits-in-charges

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.