• Tweets

• urm the link in my post…..
    • Hi, where do I find the standard sticky please, I’ve looked but I think I am missing it 🙄
    • Hi Rei and thanks for the update.   Your post confirms what we're telling folk all the time - Harlands/CRS, Zinc and their pet "solicitors" continue to make demands but they fail to do anything substantial to back up their threats.   Hence our continuing advice to NOT respond to demands by letter, email or phone, because they'll do nothing that will affect your credit rating, or that will force you to pay.  
    • Hi GHL and welcome to CAG   You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).   I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.   I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.   Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.   Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :- 1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give 2. Offer valid for 14 days only. 3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.   Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it.    Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.  
    • King I fully understand the mother was living there on her own and only one named on the tenancy agreement.   As for your comment that after informed of the passing in a few days they pack tenants belongings and store them and change the locks this I completely disagree with.   In my are the different HA (and there are many) in a scenario like this will:   Communicate with the executor/family member once informed of bereavement informing them of any succession rights, property to be handed back ( 28 days on being informed of above) if unable to must notify the HA to ask for an extension.   After the 28 days if no contact the HA will then follow its Abandonment Policy.   If contact made after 28 days and no extension has been granted HA will then go to court to claim property back.   Once this is done and no contact off to court to claim property back only then will the enter the property unless in an emergency or legally required i.e. gas safety inspection even then may need to go to court for that to get access.      
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1941 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As you all know, CFO are the worst.

I am trying to pay them in full and close my account but because I cancelled their CPA I can't do it using my debit card.

My 'account manager' wants me to unblock them and do the transaction over the phone and they will make me a deal. He says

his offer expires today and if I don't pay he'll add £80 to my balance. Here's the funny bit, he didn't make me an offer. I told him how much I was going to pay (the balance on the last email I received a few weeks back) and he sort of just accepted it. He got the figure wrong twice so it obviously wasn't on his computer screen.

I do not want to give these idiots any more debit card details because I don't trust them and I also don't trust that Natwest will cancel a CPA quick enough for them to not try to fleece me over the next couple of days once they have my card details.

They said bank transfer would take 14 days and they'd add charges in the mean time yadda yadda yadda.

I know all payday lenders are crooks but CFO are a bunch of halfwit shysters. In what universe does a bank transfer take 14 days in 2014? They obviously just want my card details but they're not getting them.

Some advice, if you hadn't figured it out already do not use their formstack to enter your card details, it is literally just a text form, not a payment system and you're just sending them unencrypted info for them to process manually, which means they can put whatever amount through that they like!

Sorry for the rant, here's my real question:

Can a CPA be set up on a cash card? I have a cash card for my metrobank account, if I thought it was safe I'd pay with that. I can use it online and in stores but I can't set up any sort of regular payments. But as a CPA is more like a POS transaction would they be able to set one up?

If that's a no go, I considered getting a prepaid debit card but I'd need it fairly quickly. Has anyone got any experience with virtual prepaid cards that aren't that expensive (I'd need to load on around £250)

Should I just do the bank transfer? I have a feeling they won't close the account and it'll be a big mess.

Pay by standing order ONLY. Do NOT pay by Bank transfer.

If they refuse to provide their bank details, then we can use the postal order method. Do not fall for any of the crap that CFO gives you. Especially the empty threats of adding on more money if you dont do what they say. You could also smile and call their bluff. Tell them that you are recording the entire call, and you want them to email you with everything that is said on the phone. They usually get nasty at this point, so you can simply laugh at them and hang up.

Notice how he is trying everything to get you to unblock them from your bank? This is a direct breach of oft guidance AND FCA regulation. They know this, but they are a sham of a company. If you pay by debit card or bank transfer, i can guarantee you ( ill even stake my house on it), that you will find your bank account COMPLETELY wiped clean. Just read the threads in the CFO forum. That is their basic business practice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

CFO Bank Detqils

Our Bank: Barclays

>>Account Name: CFO Lending Ltd.

>>Sort Code: 20-00-00

>>Account Number: 03366685

Reference Acc No and your name

go into a Barclays Branch and pay cash