Sign in to follow this  
f16

Water in steering fluid

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2089 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My 20 year old daughters car overheated today (Peugeot 106 . 1998 ).

She stopped the car, and rang me (2 very good moves).

I told her to let the car cool down, and to top up the water in the radiator expansion tank. I explained where this was , and she said " Yes I can see it".

She has filled (roughly 50ml ) steering fluid reservior with water :mad2:

Can anyone please explain to me how to get it out.?

F16

My 20 year old daughters car overheated today (Peugeot 106 . 1998 ).

She stopped the car, and rang me (2 very good moves).

I told her to let the car cool down, and to top up the water in the radiator expansion tank. I explained where this was , and she said " Yes I can see it".

She has filled (roughly 50ml ) steering fluid reservior with water :mad2:

Can anyone please explain to me how to get it out.?

F16

Would the water not float on top ? Providing it's not been mixed together by the pas pump could you not just use a large syringe and suck it off ?

Would the water not float on top ? Providing it's not been mixed together by the pas pump could you not just use a large syringe and suck it off ?

No because "Oil floats on water". So as she poured it in it sank down to the pump, and then she drove the car.

We even had a "Basic Chemistry" lesson on the drive, where I poured out some water and mixed it with steering fluid.

The steering fluid now resembles "Strawberry milkshake".....

God why did you not Bless me with a Son?????

No because "Oil floats on water". So as she poured it in it sank down to the pump, and then she drove the car.

We even had a "Basic Chemistry" lesson on the drive, where I poured out some water and mixed it with steering fluid.

The steering fluid now resembles "Strawberry milkshake".....

God why did you not Bless me with a Son?????

Agh I see.

All I can suggest is if your competent with a socket set and spanners is to drain the fluid down completely at the rack end.

Refill with the return hose disconnected from the tank end at the tank and flush until clean fluid comes out.

Iirc the fluid is a lubricant as well so would do this ASAP due

To possibility of the pas pump failing.

Sign in to follow this