Phone Stolen & Reported - Vodafone Refuse to Refund Unauthorised Calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some advice as Vodafone are being extremely unhelpful in a case with me.

I lost my iPhone on Friday 31st Jan in the evening, due to various reasons I was unable to report it lost that night but did so the next afternoon in a Vodafone store where I was given a replacement sim card and told my old sim was now blocked. Between 5pm that day and 10pm that night a number of calls were made to Belgium costing nearly £100. Two of those were made before it was reported lost and the rest in a few hour window afterwards.

At this point I didn't have use of my mobile as the new sim was still awaiting activation, this didn't happen until the following morning where I was able to make calls again.

I spoke to Dave in billing who said that since the calls occurred after my number was suspended and then reactivated at 5pm (on a new sim apparently) they are unable to refund them. However, I did not make them and have never called a Belgian number in the several years I've been with Vodafone or the time since. It also took nearly a day to process the sim swap so there is a possibility the old one could've been in use until then?

I'm extremely unhappy with the service provided and have been told that there is no chance of getting the decision overturned. How can I go about challenging this? Surely they must keep a log of the IMEI/SIM number calls are made from?

Thanks,

Sasha

The following is from Voda's general Ts&Cs:

6.2 Customer shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that SIM Cards are only used with Customer’s authorisation and shall inform Vodafone as soon as is reasonably practicable after Customer becomes aware that a SIM Card is lost, stolen or damaged. Subject to Clause 9.1 Customer shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by Customer or its End Users as a result of unauthorised use of SIM Cards (including due to loss or theft), up to the time that Customer has notified Vodafone that such SIM Card is being used without Customer’s authorisation.

Therefore, by the agreed terms you are liable for the 2 calls made prior to it being reported lost. You are not liable for any call made after it was reported lost as they should have barred the stolen sim. If there was any delay in barring the sim after you had reported the theft then that is Voda's liability, not yours. Call them and follow their complaints procedure to get the charges removed, or i'm sure the resident Voda rep Lee could have a look at the situation to see if he could help.

I don't expect the two first ones to be refunded but the following ones all should be. The person I spoke to spoke to his supervisor and said there was nothing anyone would do and there's nothing else I could do to escalate it. Does anyone have details for someone else to contact? Thanks

You have far more rights than they would like you to know about, and of course you can escalate it beyond them.

Classic proof that you should always deal with issues like this in writing only, see if this 'dave' will put what he said down in writing? Unlikely unless he wants a new job?

Lee from Voda is on here and he will be able to sort this out for you, don't stress too much.

If Lee can't sort this, which I strongly doubt, then there are other organisations who will.

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Agree with BB here, Voda Customer Services are untrained monkeys...

Ive run rings around them numerous times.

Lee will solve it in 5, hes done a few things for me :)

So i can personally atest to this.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis