Medical Negligence - I need some advice on where to turn to

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am looking for some advice for the situation i now find myself in. I will try and be as brief as possible but including all the facts.

In Feb 2013 I was sent to A&E at hospital 'A'. They thought I was having TIA's and told me I would be contacted for an emergency brain scan. A week later I see the consultant at the TIA clinic who sent me for an MRI scan. I went back to hospital 'A' and was told everything was fine and the scan was clear. They didnt know what was causing my symptoms and did no further tests to find out. They put everything down to me already having Graves Disease.

Fast forward to Nov 2013 and I received a letter from Hospital 'B' saying that I have to attend an appointment on Jan 2014. 4 days before I was due to attend this appointment i received a phone call from hospital 'B' asking me if I had had an up to date brain scan. I said no as I had not received a letter to do so.

Whilst on the phone I asked the secretary why I had been referred to hospital 'B' when hospital 'A' had told me my scan was clear. She went panicky on the other end of the phone and told me she would get a nurse to phone me. The nurse phoned me to tell me they had found something on my brain scan after all and all she could tell me was it was not a tumor and that I would have to wait until I see them after the brain scan to find out what is was.

As you can understand I was very scared. So when i saw my Graves consultant I informed her about them finding something on my brain scan as i wasn't sure whether it would affect the way she treated me. She tried her best to find pout what was wrong but when she phoned hospital 'A' they refused to give her any information stating 'they would post it to her'.

Fast forward again to the 14th Feb 2014 and I received a standard letter from my Graves disease consultant outlining what had happened in our session and low and behold on the top of that letter under the diagnoses heading it had the condition listed that Hospital 'B' wouldn't tell me I had.

I was very upset that I had to find out what is wrong with me this was and I had to google the condition as it is a rare condition. Now my graves disease consultant wont progress with my treatment because hospital 'A' wouldn't provide her with the diagnoses of my MRI scan.

I hope what I have wrote is clear enough. If not feel free to ask me questions.

Lx

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Hi lelu

You can contact PALs to air the serious concerns you have about your on going treatment. It might be an idea to send a SAR request to the NHS so you have all the documents and facts for any action legal action you might take. You should also write a formal letter of complaint to the trust. You could consider contacting a solicitor that deals with negligence claims. Health wise I wish you the best.

I'm sure others will provide further info.

Thank you,

I have already wrote a letter of complaint to Hospital 'A' about them failing to tell me that they found something on the scan. This was sent on 15/02/2014 after I recieved the letter. It was recieved by them and signed for on the 18/02/14. I am awaiting their reply. Who would I send the SAR to? Hospital 'A' or Hospital 'B'.

I forgot to say that the condition they found causes Chronic Fatigue and this has caused me to take in excess for 40+ days of work since Feb 2014. Of course I was placed of staged sickness at work and the only things I could say to my boss was I was tired and I ached all the time. Which doesn't look good at all on my part. I am lucky that I have an understanding boss otherwise I don't think I would have a job left.

Regards

Lx

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Hi lelu

You can request your records informally from hospital 'A' and 'B', if they don't play ball, send them a formal SAR request, they have 40 days to respond.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1309.aspx?categoryid=68

If you need to make a formal request.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?370178-NHS-SAR-template-and-info

I fully understand the NHS letting you down and having to explain to you boss.

Thank you,

I have already wrote a letter of complaint to Hospital 'A' about them failing to tell me that they found something on the scan. This was sent on 15/02/2014 after I recieved the letter. It was recieved by them and signed for on the 18/02/14. I am awaiting their reply. Who would I send the SAR to? Hospital 'A' or Hospital 'B'.

I forgot to say that the condition they found causes Chronic Fatigue and this has caused me to take in excess for 40+ days of work since Feb 2014. Of course I was placed of staged sickness at work and the only things I could say to my boss was I was tired and I ached all the time. Which doesn't look good at all on my part. I am lucky that I have an understanding boss otherwise I don't think I would have a job left.

Regards

Lx