Help eviction date 6th March c&g **Eviction Cancelled**

desperatelee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers ,I am one of lifes worriers but still think 95% sure it SHOULD be ok! . Thank you for your message.

The possible loss of a house IS a worry...

Nicely done there :)

Big up the help you received here as well. A font of help and information. You have been very fortunate with the County Court you were at. I am trying to get some duty solicitor help at Dudley County Court and have got no where (actually to be more accurate, in seeing the staff in person at the court they could not be helpful enough, other staff on the phone since have been very 'strict' - in the self same position where no duty solicitor will be attending on the next court date they seemed mortified at the thought of one considering going in on a date that one was not listed for court to get legal advice on a mortgage [arrears] matter).

Rest easy, 95% is a good number :)

Another date. C@g phoned today and said their solicitors received court papers. They said rhey accept my proposals cancelled eviction proceedings and solicitirs will not be attending court tomorrow. Very relieved. I will still be attending but thank you to everyone who helped lea and ell-enn for your invaluable help. I owe you so much . I will attend tomorrow and update. I feel so relieved. X

Remember to ask the judge tomorrow not to allow C&G legal costs to be added to your account for eviction court papers etc.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Lea said I wont be speaking but will tell the duty solicitor who helps me tomorrow. Thank god it is wilsden and dudley they seriously are top form. While I was waiting yesterday there was a very peeved solicitor for a mortgage company who was complaining that the duty solicitor were so on top of things ! . Guys thank you sooo sooo much again for helping at such short notice.

Excellent news re the cancellation of the eviction.

Not sure you'll avoid the legal costs as the action they took wasn't unwarranted - you were in arrears and they applied to the court legitimately to execute a warrant on the old suspended possession order. But there is absolutely no harm in asking the DS to request that - you might be lucky depending on which judge hears the case.

Lee, make sure you arrive at least 30 minutes before the hearing as I told the DS that you would be there by 9:30 am.

QualitySolicitors Talbots are the providers of the duty scheme at Dudley County Court, 0800 118 1500.

Quality Solicitors Talbots (QST) are held in high regard by both judges and staff at the court Dudley County Court. A upcoming court date is not on a date listed for QST to attend and QST do not offer free consultation on mortgage matters :( Lee was really fortunate on multiple levels there with you and the duty solicitors resulting in the most positive of outcomes just round the corner which is all good :)

Quality Solicitors Talbots (QST) are held in high regard by both judges and staff at the court Dudley County Court. A upcoming court date is not on a date listed for QST to attend and QST do not offer free consultation on mortgage matters :( Lee was really fortunate on multiple levels there with you and the duty solicitors resulting in the most positive of outcomes just round the corner which is all good :)

They are the government sponsored duty providers, which means they provide advice on possession proceedings, be that rentals or mortgages.

Excellent news Lee - well done :)

Many thanks to Lea for the excellent support

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

DS did comment on the level of charges on my account also I really want to know the legal costs the spo cost and enforcing it and eviction notice cost . Is there a sticky someone can point me in the right direction please.

Also ell did ask the ds about legal fees he said it is set amounts and don't try it. Also there solicitor did turn up.

Lea I didn't got steel got a lady she was quite nice. It really wasn't how I read about. They used a proper court with the judge sitting high up and benches was quite scary.

You were probably in court 3? Court has had six judges sitting over the past few days rather than just the usual four downstairs (there are two upstairs too, but I don't imagine you were upstairs). If you were in court three, then she was probably a deputy district judge just sitting in the red chair instead of the blue one lower down (which is where the deputy usually sits in that court) - either way, it's treated as chambers rather than 'court'. Sorry it was scary - I should have forewarned you that if it was in that court it would seem a bit different to how it usually is.

Without wanting to contradict the DS, if he really said that the legal fees were fixed, then he's wrong. That is true for costs in some rental possession proceedings, but not in mortgage possession proceedings as the costs are a contractual issue, not a legal one. You CAN challenge legal costs on a mortgage, but ONLY if they are unreasonably high. E.g. approximately £600 for possession proceedings is about average - if they're as high as £1000 or more, for issuing paperwork and attending one hearing, then they are too high and you can ask them to break down the cost for you - which you can then obviously challenge if they say they spent 20 hours completing the court form for example as at best it would take 2 hours.

Hope you manage to stick to your payment plan this time - but if not, seek help before it gets to the eviction stage!

Best of luck - and you're welcome to the help, it's what we're here for.