Orange ignoring complaints

lee79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've gotten a bit behind with the payments on a contract phone and have wrote to Orange twice, before Christmas, to sort it out. It was a smallish amount that could easily be spread out over the contract of the phone over a few months. They ignored us.

We then sent a formal complaint via email. Still no answer. We have received today a bill for the entire contract of 336.54 as opposed to the 95.08 that we wanted to spread over the rest of the contract over a few months. The letter is from BCW.

I phoned today but as the phone is in my wife's name they couldn't tell me anything, which I knew and understand. However, they refused to send out to me a copy of their complaints procedure. This is not specific information relating to the account so not sure why they wouldn't. Plus, in the past people have been ok sending that type of information to the addressee they have on file anyway. This would just be like sending a normal letter.

I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice.

Thanks Lee

Hi

If you want to act on your wife's behalf, Orange will need it in writing with her signature. Once that is done they can send all correspondence to you.

As for BCW, they are probably acting for Orange and haven't bought the debt.

Why not email the boss?

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

If you want to act on your wife's behalf, Orange will need it in writing with her signature. Once that is done they can send all correspondence to you.

As for BCW, they are probably acting for Orange and haven't bought the debt.

Why not email the boss?

[email protected]

Thanks silverfox1961. I was just using that address as I saw it in another thread you replied to as well :).

I appreciate what you're saying about the data but I didn't realise that something as like the complaints procedure was data protected as well.

Unfortunately as you are not the account holder, they would say they have no obligation to send you their complaints procedure. Petty I know but Orange are not known for their good customer service-quite the opposite.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 months later...

Just an update…

So…finally was contacted by someone after emailing the executive department or whatever they call themselves. A big sign that both the customer service and complaints department failed as it should have been dealt with lower down the line.

I was told that the account had been credited and to call to set up payment details. Now this is where the plan failed. When calling the general customer service you are more than likely to be put through to some useless and incompetent person posing as some sort of customer service person. They told me the account was still in debt and that the money had not been credited. On top of that I had to call the DCA and tell them that the account had been returned to Orange. I bet no one has done that before and they would believe me 100%

So I went back to the person dealing with the complaint who basically confirmed that I had got through to another idiot at Orange and to call them again (the main number staffed by poorly trained people) as I needed a new SIM. Did that and still waiting for the SIM over 3 weeks later.

Sent an email Friday with the update and informing them that I'm utterly disappointed with the service. I think they've washed their hands of it now as they have completed the complaint as described by me. The SIM request is additional, when they advised me to call if I no longer had the SIM.

As a matter of fact she seemed a little impatient when I informed her that, according to her colleague, none of the actions she said she had done had actually been done. Almost like it was my fault her colleague was clueless lol. I have received a credit of £90 (the outstanding bill) as a gesture of good will regarding their poor customer service up to that point.

More fool me to think it was all over. It would be quite straight forward to just call and have them send it again but I'm at the point where I dread talking to them due to pass experience because I'm more than certain it will be another head ache!