Ok Second hand pushchair issue

labrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick Question

Wife brought a second hand "as new" pushchair around october last year this model and design was only released around a few months before that

fast forward to december and its stopped folding, the button jams on one side meaning that it cant be folded or unfolded and when it does fold out it doesnt lock into position, obviously dangerous to the child thats in it

now ussually with a second hand product i would throw my hands up and admit defeat however being mechanicly minded i decided to try and mend it - except i couldnt its riveted togeather

decided to look into the problem and found hundreds of stories online having problems with not just this frame but the previous iteration before that as well.

now this is where im trying to push it, i can prove its a manufacturing defect..

having had a good look at it there is only two screws holding this in place, one of these is missing, having manovered the pushchair around a little you can see the screw actually inside the body of the button press.

before i found this out quinny would respond only with "although the pushchair comes with a two year warrenty this doesnt pass if its sold on its £40 + parts", as soon as i mentioned manufacturing issue and provided pictoral evidence theyve stopped responding entirely

now im not sure what to do

the frame number proves its still under its two year warrenty... (and that its made in china)

Ceo email wont even respond

Customer services have stopped replying

im tempted to just set up a facebook page called "Quinnys shoddy products" as i know the fact it would show up anytime someone searched quinny might kick some action from them

any other ideas, normally i wouldnt worry but its around £150 worth of pushchair

IMG_9504_zpsabd95270.jpg

Image showing missing screw

IMG_9503_zpsd5ad1d9c.jpg

image showing pushchair tilted at angle, showing screw through hole

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

report defect to trading standards? If as you say, a manufacturing fault; and have evidence of many others.

could it be the result of misuse? ( by previous owner )?

not sure if this would help you, as you were not the original purchaser though.

I doubt it was miss use when we got it it was still in box as unwanted gift

I've Checked and even when folding or unfolding these screws don't move it must simply be not tight enough

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I vaguely remember something about manufacturers' guarantees circumventing privity of contract rules to make them enforceable in contract against the manufacturer. Will need to google to seem if my recollections are correct...

ok, so it is reg 15 of the following: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3045/pdfs/uksi_20023045_en.pdf

Not sure whether this means that the guarantee survives a sale of the goods though. It may do, but the reg isn't entirely clear on this point. You may need to do a bit of further research. As it says 'otherwise supplied' I'm leaning towards the suggestion that a guarantee does survive a subsequent sale.