BankFodder BankFodder

boomboomboom

information session ingeus

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2233 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

i was wondering if anyone who is with ingeus or has been ever been to a information session for jobs going at a company?

can anyone answer my question? as am sure someone must have heard of a information session at ingeus its basically info on a job they have been offer for people to have interview and hopefully get them into the company

hopefully someone can answer thanks

I was at an Ingeus info session a couple of weeks ago but I don't understand your question....

It was basically just a group of us listening to a lady telling us what the company had to offer, somehow I didn't quite believe it though.

I was at an Ingeus info session a couple of weeks ago but I don't understand your question....

It was basically just a group of us listening to a lady telling us what the company had to offer, somehow I didn't quite believe it though.

yeh was checking to see if anyone else had been to one of these sessions.

did u go forward for the job the company had to offer or did u not go forward for the job?

These info sessions are generally just that, an information session held either by or on behalf of an employer in the area that is undertaking a big recruitment drive.

Normally people will be selected to go on them so you wouldn't send someone who was only interested in retail / office work to a construction session and vice-versa.

The session will normally consist of some information about the jobs on offer, the recruitment process and what to expect. From there you're hopefully able to make a decision on if it's right for you and be better prepared for the next steps.

We did a fair few of them for big retail chains / warehouses etc and generally they're worthwhile. For a few we managed to get hold of recruitment forms / interview questions etc and were able to give people who wanted more info a run-through of the interview to try to take away some of the nerves.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Yes, they are for local recruiters to get you to work for sod all (slave labour) plus a tick box exercise for WP and JCP

THE END

Yes, they are for local recruiters to get you to work for sod all (slave labour) plus a tick box exercise for WP and JCP

THE END

Without being short about it, you're absolutely right.

Companies tend only to recruit entry level jobs in large numbers and unfortunately entry level jobs attract salaries around NMW. I don't necessarily believe that this is right or proper and that some roles, like those in the care industry, don't reflect the level of responsibility and work in the salaries that they offer.

If the JCP or a WP provider knew about these jobs and did nothing to raise awareness then they'd be criticised too. So, yes - all to often the roles advertised are entry level and the salaries offered reflect this and are no different to what is happening right across the country. Equally, it can be seen as 'tick-box' as the WP / JCP do what they set out to do by raising awareness of what's out there at the time.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I worked in London for a high profile company for 18 years and worked up from a junior to an executive on £30k+ until redundancy last February. I live in North Essex and willing to take a salary within a 50 mile distance from home for around £16-20k. My CV is professional, my covering letters always tailored to the job and person spec and to date, a year later ZERO interviews let alone a job offer. I am with INGEUS (only last 2 weeks) and they more or less accuse you of not trying hard enough - I do try, never been out of work and hate being on JSA and housing benefit and want to work and would do so tomorrow! The simple fact is there are not enough REAL jobs and the ones that are real are getting 100+ applications.

These info sessions are generally just that, an information session held either by or on behalf of an employer in the area that is undertaking a big recruitment drive.

Normally people will be selected to go on them so you wouldn't send someone who was only interested in retail / office work to a construction session and vice-versa.

The session will normally consist of some information about the jobs on offer, the recruitment process and what to expect. From there you're hopefully able to make a decision on if it's right for you and be better prepared for the next steps.

We did a fair few of them for big retail chains / warehouses etc and generally they're worthwhile. For a few we managed to get hold of recruitment forms / interview questions etc and were able to give people who wanted more info a run-through of the interview to try to take away some of the nerves.

yeh a had info session last week but when i was in there after hearing it all i sayed it wasnt for me even tho it was retail and am for retail there was other jobs that were included in this retail that a didnt want to do and u dont get the things in other retails shop as this one, plus the cost of my travel a month would be £80 plus its 18hours and job centre/ingeus would have funded some travel but i leave ingeus may-june so this job goes from end of march to end of october and i would be left to pay £80 travel for the whole month out my on money plus got digs to pay so you would be like if i had £70--80 come end of the month and am looking for retail but not all retail jobs are gonna suit me at all times but i do go along to info sessions etc to learn more stuff about the companys etc