Named in a Will

drees5761
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife was very good friends with an elderly neighbour for many years. In the last few she got ill and my wife looked after her when she could, sadly she had to go into a home where she was happy until she passed away. While having a conversation with my wife she showed her that she had altered her will to show that some of her estate will go to my wife as well as other relatives. My wife was shocked, but the neighbour said it was something she wanted to do.

Anyhow now she has died (early Dec last year) we are not sure if the will has been read or what the situation is. She had sold her house and as far as we know did not have any debts. My wife does not want to seem like a money-grabber and does not want to get involved but i think if it is something that she wanted to give to my wife then she should be happy to accept it.

How long should it be before my wife hears anything?,. I have read it can take a long or short time and is it worth getting in touch with the solicitor to see if the will has been settled. Is there any way we can find out ?

Thanks,

Yes , my wife dealt with the solicitor on her behalf when she went into a care home and her house had to be sold etc. Don't know who the executor of the will is, maybe a family member.

Is there a time after death when it all should be sorted, my wife just wants to wait and see but i think she should receive whatever she is entitled to and not be fobbed off.

I would allow six months....you can also request a copy of the Will if you have not already got one.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The executors will apply for probate to divvy up the estate so you can also ask the probate office if an application has been made and if so, you will know who the executors are. Or just ask the solicitor who drew up the will, they will know. You cannot be fobbed off otherwise the executors can get into big trouble.