third party house sale profit

willerby20
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not sure whether this is in the right area....

My friend invested a third into purchasing a property with another couple. For a while they rented out the house and shared the income.

The house was refurbished and put on the market for sale. The house sold with completion last month. She was hoping for her "share" this month, however the couple have stated that her money will only be available in April after his accounts has been finalized, income tax for the year.

I assume he his self employed. From what she tells me, it seems she will be penalized for his tax deductions ? - which i find strange. He also stated that her name isn't on the deeds,being part of the reason he says?, however she has a signed declaration of any share.

thanks, any advice grateful

The couples tax or income is not relevant.

Your friend is entitled to her third of the equity as soon as the sale is complete and monies paid.

The 2 thirds they receive is the sum that will be of interest to the tax people as unearned income, just as the third your friend receives on her tax.