Online community 'preloved' - streamer didn't appear

olwen669
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

we seen an advert for a second hand Karcher Steam Cleaner £50,, so contacted the seller & arranged to buy the item, as she is in Ipswich we paid an extra £10 for delivery. so that night (28th Dec 13) I made a bank transfer to her Natwest account.

We contacted her for an update & eventually she came back to me saying it was posted out on the 2nd Jan 14, but after a few days nothing so contacted her asking her for the post office reference & we will chase at our end, as some times item can go to the wrong house.

She sent an abrupt message saying will let me know later & of course heard nothing, few days later sent another message & she responded saying she had already chased it up with the postoffice & has to leave it for 15 days before investigating (Which I know is true).

After that didnt hear anything & so contacted the site in which we are members "Preloved" they contacted her on our behalf & then all the communication between us had disapeared (as if she had deleted her account). we contacted her by text heard nothing & tried again with Preloved & wo & behold all the "communications" were back in our history.

When the 15 days were up, I rang & left a message as she had just rang my partner & hung up. I left a voicemail stating that it was my bank account & so it was my money & best speaking to me, she then rang him & hung up.

The next day my partner sent a "knee jerk reaction text" trying to provoke her into responding & she did with an "ABUSIVE & THREATENING MESSAGE ABOUT KICKING THE **** OUT OF HIM & FINDING OUT WERE HE WORKS ..." he obviously rang her straight back & gave her aload of abuse back.

she then started sending abusive text & stating we were threatening a pregnant woman & reporting us to the police!!

bear in mind not one mention about the £60 or where is the STEAM CLEANER!!

we have had to block her number & I have reported this to ACTIONFRAUD, I have had one letter with a crime number & nothing more...

Is there anyway I can get my £60 back??

I have tried my own bank (HALIFAX) who say as it was a "Quick Transfer" I am not entitled to help... please bear in mind I am in financial dire & the Karcher was a treat for both me & my partner & now we have nothing.

I have kept all the evidence including the voicemail & since then have seen she posted another advert for Karcher Steam Cleaner on GumTree but they wont give me any information, so I am also trying to worn other people keep away from xxxxxxx

Edited by Conniff
Last edited by ploddertom; Today at 07:13. Reason: name removed

Bank transfers can rarely be charged back unless actionfraud deem it to be fraudulant. Whever anyone asks for a bank transfer, you should be wary.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is a shame that the Police will not investigate these issues and people have to report to Action Fraud who won't look into it.

If nobody investigates these matters, how will they ever find out if there is someone regularly commiting fraud, by posting bogus adverts for goods they don't have to sell.

If I were you, I would try the Police and if no joy you will have to put it down to experience. Don't buy from a private seller unless you can see the goods and take them away with you, after paying.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As you have her name and address, send her a letter by recorded delivery asking for your money back. Give her 7 days.

If after 7 days you haven't received you money, then send her another letter this time headed 'Letter Before Action'. You can use the same letter you sent the first time and add that at the top and on the end add, 'No more correspondence will be entered into, if a refund of £xx isn't received by (give 7 days), action will be started in the court.

Don't send the above if you are not willing to go to court, you can start the claim on line at

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome