Scott & Co - Arrestment of wages Form 30 letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I had an arrangement with Scott & Co paying x amount each month by direct debit. I cancelled this in January of this year as I fell into financial difficulty for that month intending to set it up again.

I received a Form 30 - Earning Arrestment Letter yesterday evening. My next pay day is this Wednesday and I have to wait until Monday to call. Does this mean that it will come come off on Wednesday? I will fall into further financial disarray if it does! I had no warning letters or phone calls after cancelling my DD but I know the onus is on me to have let them know.

I'm really worried about this. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

It sometimes works out less than your payment plan when they implement a wages arrestment, there's a Table of amounts here.............

http://www.scotdebt.net/earnings_arrestment_tables.htm

Regarding getting warnings ect, it's not the way they like to do things, sadly.

They will have already obtained a Summary Warrant and Charge for Payment giving them the go ahead to arrest wages ect.

When you say you will call on Monday, is this to the Sheriff Officers.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for your response,

From that table it is just over double what I am (or was) paying but not as much as what I thought they were going to take. I had a wages arrestment a few years back and they took nearly half my monthly wage. It's not even been a month (edited - ok.. a bit over).

I was going to call Scott & Co but I'm gathering there is no point as it looks like it will be deducted on Wednesday...?

I was going to call Scott & Co but I'm gathering there is no point as it looks like it will be deducted on Wednesday...?

I wouldn't be to sure about that, it might be worth your while giving them a phone and explanning your circumstances, I've found in the past they will come and go a bit, whether they will here I'm not sure, more than likelyl depend on what sort of mood they are in.

Did you receive another Charge for Payment as they normally slap you with another £90 notes when you break an agreement.

Good luck with that, let us know how you get on.

So I just spoke to Scott & Co, and the arrestment will go ahead as planned and will do every month until the debt is paid off.

Apparently there is absolutely nothing I can do now, no appeals etc. Does anyone know if this is true?

I couldn't afford to pay previously hence repayment plan, I stopped the Direct Debit due to difficulty after Christmas/other things and now they will be taking over half of what I was originally paying. If I couldn't afford to pay it then I obviously can't afford to pay double that now. I'm barely keeping my head above water as it is.

Aside from quitting my job as I can't seem to get out of this mess, does anyone have any help/advice? Can I not apply to have this payment reviewed or is that it..?

Thanks.

Hi,

If you have more than one debt you may be able to apply for a DAS, this would stop the wages arrestment.

There's a link here from National Debtline....................

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=03_recovery_of_council_tax

Have a look at the bit about......

COUNCIL TAX ARREARS AND THE DEBT ARRANGEMENT SCHEME

• 1 month later...

Me again,

So the arrestment went ahead and currently I can (just) about manage it. However, with the new council year I cannot afford to pay 2 lots of monthly pay towards council tax.

Does anyone know if I can negotiate either a) the exisiting arrestment or b) the new monthly CT payment?

I am going to have to make a trip to CAB but thought I'd ask here in the meantime..

TIA

Hi,

If you can't pay the new council tax bill it will be subject to a summary warrant and passed to the Sheriff Officers, and a extra 10% statutory surcharge on the full outstanding balance will be added.

I'm not sure how your going to catch up with your current years Council Tax, see how you get on at CAB tomorrow and let us know what they suggest.

I know I keep raising this point but DAS may be an option depending on your circumstances, by going down this route the wages arrestment would fall. However you must make absolutely sure that you meet your on going Council Tax Liability otherwise your local authority will make application to the DAS Administrator to have the arrangement revoked, which they are entitled to do under the terms of the act.

JUST A THOUGHT