A Money Claim Against Me Has been Automatically Stayed by the Court -What happens Now?

NML
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there- to anyone who can help me in a very frustrating situation.

I am the defendant of a case brought against me by a company who is representing a creditor - to the sum of aprox £3000

The case details are very vague against me to which there were not specific details at all that i could relate to or remember as i have a few very old debts from over 5 years ago that i have had no correspondence with. Before i submitted my defense I sent several letters to the claimant requesting specific details of the account in question so i could identify what debt the claim related to but the claimant did not respond whatsoever. My defense to the court was that the claim was vague and did not specify any specific details relating to me or even an account number and due to no response by the claimant i asked that the case be throw out.

My defense was submitted to the claimant - to which the claimant did not reply within the allotted time frame by the court and so the court automatically STAYED the case.

It has now been many weeks later - the case is still Stayed and i have recently/ finally received a letter from the claimant saying that - "They are currently in the process of obtaining their client instruction and shall revert to me in due course"

I get the impression that they have bought the debt - submitted an ambiguous claim against me in the hope i would ignore it and they would win by default. But they clearly have not complied from day one.

Can someone please advise what i can do now as i believe the court seems to be weighted in there favour. Why cant the court take into account the lack of info in the claim and just simply throw it out ? or do i wait indefinitely until the sword of Damocles comes down months and years later?

Please can anyone help? Thank you

You wait....either party can make application to lift the stay......as the Defendant you would be wise to leave it ...if the Claimant then the claim proceeds and will be allocated to your local court where you will continue to progress your defence through to disclosure.

Regards

Andy.

PS Welcome to CAG NML

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

Since this looks like an oldish thread can I bend your ear Andy? I have to file a defence today.

My local council are charging me a chargeable repair and and not sure what ref numbers are as I just have a sticker with all on it?

Since this looks like an oldish thread can I bend your ear Andy? I have to file a defence today.

My local council are charging me a chargeable repair and and not sure what ref numbers are as I just have a sticker with all on it?

Need further info CG...start a thread and provide the background....leaving this a tad late are we not?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread