Has anyone heard of liteGadgets?

pumpytums
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh, feel like such a muppet, ordered the PS4 on 25th Feb, haven't heard anything apart from the generic email saying I will get a tracking number (but I haven't). Spoke to the company the day after I ordered, and they sounded vague, but said I would get an email in due course. It's been a week and nothing, and now they're not picking up the phone.

I paid by Visa Debit. Just spoke to my bank, First Direct, and they say I'm covered by bank chargeback. I have to wait for 15 days from payment and if it still hasn't turned up then I have to call them again, they issue me with a temporary refund and it gets passed to Visa. Unless AR Supplies can produce proof that the box has arrived, I get my money back. Phew.

Hi all

I have also ordered a PS4 and not heard anything. I feel like such an idiot.

I have tried to click onto their website which now directs me to bing. I call their number 0330 001 0137 and noone answers.

I also looked on AR Supplies website and both the phone and mobile number wont connect. Can anyone else confirm this.

I cant believe we have been scammed.

Thank you!

Doesnt matter. You can still get a chargeback no matter what excuses the bank tells you.

I called my C/C company today and they informed me I can follow up 15-30 days after they said the refund would be actioned. Worrying now the website has vanished and there's only a 'bing' search page.

I've got copies of correspondence and notifications of the refund e-mails, so hopefully that will support my case.

CC is wrong. The retailer has already given you solid assurances in regards to time frames, and then broke them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You need to get a full chargeback from your bank ratbag_uk and then contact action fraud.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

We need a local in Accrington to go round and have a look at whats going on in the warehouse!!!! I've cancelled my card so they wont get any more from me I suggest everyone else does the same.

Cancelling your card wont do a thing if a cpa has been set up. Get on to your bank and demand the block all transactions to the lender.

Hi,Looks like i'm in the same boat - very similar story to most. I actually did some research first, checked companies house etc and seemed ok. The price was cheaper but not massively so it didnt seem like a dodgy decision. PS4 was ordered some weeks ago, and immediately started hounding them about the payment as it seemed to take forever for them to take the payment - ironic really! I started to get suspicious at this point as i've never heard of a company taking 5 days to do this.Anyway, left it a few days, again used the online chat to chase about delivery. Was told it would be with me between 26th to 28th. I then got the dreaded email to say it was going to be delayed, as previous people have posted. My first reaction was to get back to the online chat - the response i got was 'reply to the email'. I responsed by asking 'you are actually encouraging me to cancel?!'. Really seemed dodgy at this point so i immediately got on the phone and spoke to someone - they sold me some sob story about a distribution problem, a contract issue and only being able to ship 50 units a time or something.As soon as i got off the phone i replied to the email and cancelled - went to tescos and bought my ps4 (which i should've done to start with!). I spoke to my credit card people yesterday as soon as i saw the site was down. I've also asked them to block any payments to AR Supplies ltd following some of the stuff i have read on here.In summary, What a pain in the ass!

Hi,Looks like i'm in the same boat - very similar story to most. I actually did some research first, checked companies house etc and seemed ok. The price was cheaper but not massively so it didnt seem like a dodgy decision. PS4 was ordered some weeks ago, and immediately started hounding them about the payment as it seemed to take forever for them to take the payment - ironic really! I started to get suspicious at this point as i've never heard of a company taking 5 days to do this.Anyway, left it a few days, again used the online chat to chase about delivery. Was told it would be with me between 26th to 28th. I then got the dreaded email to say it was going to be delayed, as previous people have posted. My first reaction was to get back to the online chat - the response i got was 'reply to the email'. I responsed by asking 'you are actually encouraging me to cancel?!'. Really seemed dodgy at this point so i immediately got on the phone and spoke to someone - they sold me some sob story about a distribution problem, a contract issue and only being able to ship 50 units a time or something.As soon as i got off the phone i replied to the email and cancelled - went to tescos and bought my ps4 (which i should've done to start with!). I spoke to my credit card people yesterday as soon as i saw the site was down. I've also asked them to block any payments to AR Supplies ltd following some of the stuff i have read on here.In summary, What a pain in the ass!

After hearing all the horror stories about them taking additional payments, I have also put a block on AR Supplies and my C/C company are sending out the paperwork today under 'goods not received'. Should hopefully be cleared within 4-6 weeks. First time I've been caught out, but lesson learnt! If it looks too good, it isn't worth the risk! Reserved a console via Argos this morning!

Talked to my CC company today and blocked them taking out money they can still put it back but I'm not holding my breath on that one. This is my first time caught out too and I do a lot of internet shopping I had done checks as well on AR Trading and they looked legit, last time I buy something that hasn't got a PAY PAL option, and the other thing folks is NEVER forget THEY are also reading this thread judging what to say to us to keep the [problem] going as long as possible hopefully we have cut them off at the knees by being on this forum and the word getting out to the world.

I have ordered a PS4 from Lite Gadgets and they have guaranteed it will arrive by 10 March. I doubt this very much as I have received a call from my credit card company to say AR Electrical Supplies Ltd have tried to make a purchase of over £2000 on my credit card. When checking into this, Lite Gadgets is connected to A R Electrical Supplies. Having tried to telephone Lite Gadgets they are no longer answering the telephone. I would suggest you beware.

Interesting to read elsewhere on the net more people have had fraudulent transactions made on their cards - i'd very interested to hear if the transactions were made by the same company or under a different name? My CC peeps have blocked AR Supplies Ltd from making anymore transactions but will this stop them doing so under another name..i.e. should we be cancelling our current credit card completely rather than blocking the singular..?

Just found the below info on a company called ELITEGADGETS (spot the name in there without the E) this is from 2011 it looks very much like our problem doesn't it

Ok, here's a summary of all that's been written right now, for those that don't have the time to read 7 pages of thread posts.

In total, I counted 36 complaints from different customers of EG/Osoo who had problems with their orders. Please note that I haven't counted the positive comments, so I'm not being impartial. Curiously enough, you only get positive comments until about page 4 (mid-to-late 2010). After that they abruptly stop and there is negative comment after negative comment. This may seem insignificant in itself, however, there have been accusations that at least part of those positive comments were "plants", that is to say, written by the seller or the seller's associates- so, when they stop abruptly, it is quite telling.

To summarize, customers have reported that:

1) Products that are supposed to be in stock turn out to be out of stock.

2) Seller takes money from account straight away but dispatches items weeks later (if they don't run out of stock in the meantime). By the way, this is clearly written in the website, so that you know they will do this to you.

3) Seller conducts "grey imports", which means that seller sells items meant for the Far East or other markets into the EU market. This is despite having a huge banner on website proclaiming that he only uses UK stock. Since some items are considerably cheaper than their nearest rivals, if they are imports, it begs the question of whether customs/handling fees have been paid.

4) Has set up different names for what is essentially one company, and has already changed the company's name three times (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/eed84b1b14196b9d3f3485257972a0a8/compdetails), in six years.

5) Next-day delivery is reported to be anything but- in spite of the huge banner blatantly advertising it on the website.

6) Delivery, next-day or not, can actually take weeks- so much so that clients have cancelled and asked for refunds.

7) Refunds can also take weeks to be processed- customers are forced to finally involve their credit card companies

8) Poor communication either via email or telephone- seller rarely available to speak on the phone. All this adds up to tremendous stress for customers who have been treated thusly.

If you've got time read the comments to trustpilot:

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.elitegadgets.com

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.osoo.co.uk

They are more illuminating in that they include pie charts with the ratings percentages. The majority on the pie is by far the 1-star ratings, on both company's accounts. Trustpilot recommends that you only leave a one-star rating if you feel that there's been fraud involved.

What is equally striking is that you've got at least one customer on the above links mentioning that they ordered a new product but received a used one!

• clear.png Thanks x 2

You need to cancel the card AND the CPA on the account.

One question i have for you guys. Why the hell havent you got actionfraud and trading standards involved yet?

hi there, i am one of the unfortunate ones to have placed an order..their customer relation are basically ****. they never answer the phone, make out they are very busy.. load a trash, tahy advertise in stock. (rubbish). if in stock why so long to post and get tracking number.please please please dont place an order with these cowboys

Hey old guy 52 I brought one aswell and I'm on the same stage as you was when you posted this , could you please message me telling me how it went I'm worried about this website

Hello Josh261. I'm afraid you don't have enough posts to receive PMs. Hopefully updates on this thread will help you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well honeybee all I can say is you ain't getting a ps4 from these guys hopefully you used a credit card get on to your provider first thing tomorrow and tell them what has gone on and to put a block on them stopping them taking any more, if you payed by debit contact your bank with the same info you've still got rights only not as many.

I have contacted the fraud line today and filled in the online form you should ALL do the same if you have had any dealings with this bunch the more that complain the better chance of something being done!!!!!!!!!!

I placed an order on the 19th and everything I've read on here has been said to me I'm now waiting for my credit card company to sort this out .. Do not order from them or elite gadgets they seem very similar